A basic question concerning mycodeDict.cxx

I’m learning programming with ROOT. And I have two basic questions after encountered some compiling errors:

(background: project name is “mycode”; header file is “myclass.h” which defines a global object array like this, “class myclass {…} myobj[100]”; subroutine “myclass.C” provides the memeber functions of “myclass” which has myclass.h included, of course; main program is “mycode.cxx”)

1. When I copied Makefile from ROOT test programs, I found xxxDict.cxx. what’s the function of xxxDict.cxx? Because I found my program could be compiled without creating this dictionary code, so I deleted it from my Makefile.

So why does it exist?

1. Now I want to write my own classes into files, and I found in the User’s Guide that I needed “streamer” method, which is defined in mycodeDict.cxx and was created by rootcint automatically. But after I added mycodeDict.cxx creation and compilation lines into my Makefile, I got “multiple definition” error:

myclass.o: first defined here
mycodeDict.o: multiple definition of ‘myobj’

1. My intuition tells me that my problems with ROOT are very simple ones in the eyes of experts and they’re also entangled with my lack of C++ programming experiences and a detailed manual can save me from asking them in this forum.

So, where can I find more detailed manuals on “programming with ROOT/C++” beside the “Guide”?

Thanks for you help!