6.24 build dependencies

Dear ROOTers,

I have a question concerning ROOT dependencies for building it from sources. Is there a way how to find an up-to-date list of build dependencies to avoid download while compiling and building ROOT? ccmake helps a lot by showing which options require network, but setting these options to OFF doesn’t help so much if there are other options which require builtin third-party, so cmake sets them back to ON automatically. Ideally for me it would be to grep cmake files in order to find all urls, but it seems not so easy to find all appropriate cmake files.

Hi @tauon,

Welcome to the ROOT forum. The list of dependencies to build ROOT from source is available here: Dependencies - ROOT. However, I don’t know know when it was last updated. Maybe @oshadura can give you more information on this.

Cheers,
J.

Hello @jalopezg

I know this page. But it doesn’t list for example xrootd or davix, which now are downloaded automatically during the build process. I want to avoid this.

(I think options such as builtin_xrootd=OFF plus fail-on-missing=ON might help getting the behavior you want)

1 Like

@eguiraud thanks! I’ve just noticed, I set -Dfail_on_missing=ON instead of -Dfail-on-missing=ON. Also, it seems the most of the urls are placed here: cmake/modules/SearchInstalledSoftware.cmake

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.