Setting libpng, libjpeg libdir for Ubuntu 11.04

Dear rooters,

as described here: [url]ROOT 5.28/00b build problems on Ubuntu 11.04
ubuntu 11.04 has modified their /usr/lib default location.

During the configure, png.h is found in /usr/include, but libpng not. Here the default enabled support:

It compiles, but when I open a TBrowser I’m getting:

[0] new TBrowser /opt/root-5.28.00c/bin/root.exe: symbol lookup error: /opt/root-5.28.00c/lib/libASImage.so: undefined symbol: png_create_read_struct

How can I mediate to that, is there some way to add a default lib location like /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu?
I cannot uninstall ubuntu libpng, it will be catastrophic!

Thanks for any kind of help.
Cheers.

Hi,

either use the v5-29-02 development release, or the trunk of the v5-28-00-patches trunk (see root.cern.ch/drupal/content/root … ease-notes) where Ubuntu 11.04 support has been added.

Cheers, Fons.

Great Fons, thank you very much!
Cheers.

I have the problem with configuration for this subversion root 5.28.00c.

Configuring for linuxx8664gcc
Checking for GNU Make version >= 3.80 … ok
Checking for C compiler … gcc
Checking for C++ compiler … g++
Checking for linker (LD) … g++
Checking for F77 compiler … gfortran
Checking for libX11 … no
configure: libX11 MUST be installed
See root.cern.ch/drupal/content/build-prerequisites

Configuration goes smoothly with v5-29-02 but I get an error during the make process:

home/dav/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDSet.cxx: In member function ‘void TDSet::Validate()’:
/home/dav/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDSet.cxx:1531:1: internal compiler error: in redirect_jump, at jump.c:1443
Please submit a full bug report,

Thanks,
Bahman.

Hi,
You need the trunk of the patch branch, or wait till tomorrow for version v5-28-00d.

Chees, Fons.

Sure thanks for your attention and time.

Thanks a lot for the update. Make and install went fine. I however had a error after running root as following:

Couldn’t find font “-adobe-helvetica-medium-r---10-----*-iso8859-1”,
trying “fixed”. Please fix your system so helvetica can be found,
this font typically is in the rpm (or pkg equivalent) package
XFree86-[75,100]dpi-fonts or fonts-xorg-[75,100]dpi.

I follow the post [url]]Adobe helvetica on ubuntu 11.04 installing the extra packages, reboot, and make root again but the error still persist. Here is outcome of ps -aef | grep xfs

114 1050 1 0 May07 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/xfs -daemon -user debian-xfs -droppriv
root 1065 1 0 May07 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/xfstt --daemon --notcp
davoudi 4916 1954 0 15:30 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto xfs

so it seems that sever for fonts is running. Any help or advise.

It looks like you are not using the TTF fonts. Aren’t you ?

To be honest I have tried everything. I desperately need ROOT :slight_smile:. My know knowledge of linux is average. I know how to install a font as I did with helvetica.ttf font. I just don’t know how to make it work. Thanks for your time and help.

Wait. Just local compile using commands (Environment driven build)
export ROOTSYS=/root
./configure
export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and then
root
works well. The problem appears when I try the fixed locations build. Even exporting ROOTSYS, PATh and LD_LIBRARY_PATh manually after installation doesn’t help at all (these are set internally during compile?). I stick with what I have right now and thanks for your time.