Make: *** [lib/libCint.so] Error 126 on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi all

I’m trying to install root.
and I installed these packages which are necessary for my ubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04)

Required packages:

sudo apt-get install git dpkg-dev make g++ gcc binutils libx11-dev libxpm-dev \ libxft-dev libxext-dev

Optional packages:

sudo apt-get install gfortran libssl-dev libpcre3-dev \ xlibmesa-glu-dev libglew1.5-dev libftgl-dev \ libmysqlclient-dev libfftw3-dev cfitsio-dev \ graphviz-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev \ libldap2-dev python-dev libxml2-dev libkrb5-dev \ libgsl0-dev libqt4-dev

and I downloaded root_v5.34.28 which I thought it’s proper!
and then I typed this code:

but it made error:

I typed:

and then:

But now, I have this error :frowning:

fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything. fatal: Not a valid object name HEAD /bin/sh: 1: /home/tahami/root/build/unix/compiledata.sh: Permission denied /bin/sh: 1: /home/tahami/root/build/unix/makelib.sh: Permission denied make: *** [lib/libCint.so] Error 126

What I should to do? or what’s my mistake?
Can you help me?

thanks a lot
tooba

Hi,

Which file did you download exactly?

How did you unpack it exactly?

Axel.

Axel, I downloaded "root_v5.34.28.source.tar.gz"
and I unpacked that by right click and then “Extract Here” (which exists in Ubuntu )

thanks
tooba

Post here the output of (I assume that you get “tahami” when you execute “whoami”):
cd /home/tahami/root/
ls -al configure build/unix/compiledata.sh build/unix/makelib.sh

[quote=“Wile E. Coyote”]Post here the output of (I assume that you get “tahami” when you execute “whoami”):
cd /home/tahami/root/
ls -al configure build/unix/compiledata.sh build/unix/makelib.sh[/quote]

thanks for replying

it’s the list:

-rwx--x--x 1 tahami tahami 4346 Mar 24 14:50 build/unix/compiledata.sh -rw------- 1 tahami tahami 6997 Mar 24 14:50 build/unix/makelib.sh -rwx--x--x 1 tahami tahami 277552 Mar 24 14:50 configure

regards
tooba

Something went terribly wrong when unpacking ROOT (file mode bits are very wrong -> they should be “-rwxr-xr-x” for all of them).

Try (simply replace “/srv/opt/root” with “/home/tahami” and “v5.34.20” with “v5.34.28”):
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 839#p78839](Problem with png of divided canvas in 5-34/19 on Mac
or:
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 797#p78797](Trouble Installing

[quote=“Wile E. Coyote”]Something went terribly wrong when unpacking ROOT (file mode bits are very wrong -> they should be “-rwxr-xr-x” for all of them).

Try (simply replace “/srv/opt/root” with “/home/tahami” and “v5.34.20” with “v5.34.28”):
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 839#p78839](Problem with png of divided canvas in 5-34/19 on Mac
or:
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 797#p78797](Trouble Installing

thank you very much.
I found my mistake, I unpacked badly.

and I use of these codes to unpacke, it worked :slight_smile:

$ gunzip root_v5.34.28.source.tar.gz $ tar xvf root_v5.34.28.source.tar

regards
tooba