Bad position of greek symbols / saving as png on retina

Hi all,

I see something weird with the rendering of greek symbols in the 5.34 patch branch. This is compiled on Mac Mavericks, using the cocoa option.

See the position of the bracket in front of the #chi in the attached macro. It moves from the left of #chi to the right of #chi!

Also, when I save this as png or jpg on my retina display, only the top left quarter gets saved…

Cheers
Moritz

PS: This was already posted here Locate like command but I upgraded it to a separate thread.

chibracket.C (675 Bytes)

Hi Moritz,

I will check.
Sorry for the later answer. I was on holidays for a week. Back now.

Olivier

I see it shows only with some particular Y Size of the canvases. When you resize the window along Y it is alternatively good or bad.
By the way, retina or not retina is the same.

Hi Olivier,
Cool that you see it, too. I’d still be interested in a fix :slight_smile: Let me know how I can help.
Cheers
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

I am looking at it and also at something else at the same time. I did some progresses but still do not have fix. I am on the other problem now… also no obvious fix. I’ll let you know.

Olivier

Hi,

Just coming back to this now. Any progress?

Cheers
Moritz

no, more urgent matters showed up. I still have one to deal with. Then this will be next … in principle.

Because of some other problem (Spherical harmonics) taking a large fraction of my time I was not able to come back to this. I made a Jira report with your request to better keep track of the issue and to summarise what I already found in order to ease the come back to it:
sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-6561

sorry for that.

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for still taking care of it. I’ll just keep checking the thread!

Cheers
Moritz

Hello Moritz,

It took a while but it is fixed now :slight_smile: (5.34 and root trunk).

Cheers,
Olivier