The questions about the induced current

Hi,
Thanks for your reply
That’s really kind of you for helping me solving so many problems, I will modify the EXYZ.txt files and learn the code carefully. When I get the final result, I will tell you and thanks again.
Happy new year!

Hi,
I have modified the EXYZ.txt files and reproduce the program, but the result is still killed, is that because no enough space left in the virtual machine? (the left space is about 5GB)

Besides I found that there are three places modified
one is from"fieldView.PlotContour();" to “fieldView.PlotContourWeightingField(“readout”, “v”);”
another is from “sensor.SetTimeWindow(0., 1000., 100);” to “sensor.SetTimeWindow(0., 1., 500);”
the last is from" drift.SetMaximumStepSize(10.e-4);" to “drift.SetMaximumStepSize(0.01);”
Would you explain that for me? Are they the reason for no current?

Yes, I think so.

1 Like
  • fieldView.PlotContourWeightingField(“readout”, “v”);: this is just to visualise the weighting potential (instead of the “real” electrostatic potential).
  • sensor.SetTimeWindow(0., 1., 500);: this is to zoom in on the electron signal.
  • drift.SetMaximumStepSize(0.01);: this is to adapt the step size limit, since your detector is now much bigger (you changed the length units in the Initialise function from to m). You might not actually need this line, but it helps to make sure that the step size in the RKF integration becomes too large.

The main reason for the missing signal was that the starting point of the track was in a region with zero weighting potential.

1 Like

Wow, Thanks a lot for your reply, That’s awesome.
I don’t know why can’t I gain the induced current signal using my computer…maybe the space is not enough to calculate?

ComponentAnsys123::Initialise:
    Read properties of 2 materials from file MPLIST.lis.
    Read 2159067 elements from file ELIST.lis,
    highest node number: 3124105,
    background elements skipped: 0
    Read 3124105 nodes from file NLIST.lis.
    Read 3124105 potentials from file PRNSOL.lis.
ComponentAnsys123::Prepare:
    Caching the bounding boxes of all elements... done.
ComponentAnsys123::InitializeTetrahedralTree: Success.
ComponentAnsys123::PrintRange:
        Dimensions of the elementary block
                   -16.7044 < x < -6.70436        cm,
                    17.2927 < y < 20.5927         cm,
                   -11.5321 < z < -3.53211        cm,
                          0 < V < 1500            V.
        Periodicities
            x: none
            y: none
            z: none
ComponentAnsys123::PrintMaterials:
    Currently 2 materials are defined.
      Index Permittivity  Resistivity Notes
          0            1           -1 (drift medium)
          1         4.25        1e+10
Killed
xxc@xxc-linux:~/garfieldpp/Gem/build$ 

Hi,
I want to reinstall the Garfield++ to solve the memory problem once and for all. This time I just want to install the Garfield++ based on the Windows system not the Ubuntu virtual machine. So there will be no more such space shortage problems

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.