Tessellated volume behave like box after transporting with GEANT 3 and 4 after converting CAD to root geometry

Sorry, I’m really busy these weeks, so unlikely to be able to do it till mid-December.

Ignore it. It is just to avoid auto close this issue.

OK, I had the time to debug this now and I found out that there are non-trivial problems with the root persistence for this solid. I’ll fix it but it may take a while longer. I suggest you open an issue, adding the gdml file and reproducer macro.

I came across your post, and I wonder if there are any specific versions of ROOT that are required or more compatible with VecGeom, or is it generally adaptable across different ROOT versions?

@SapphireShade It must have some minimum version requirement in case of root. @agheata may comment on it. But when I was configuring with root-6.28.06, It crashed. For me master branch of root is configured with VecGeom.

@agheata I have created an issue( #14283) regarding this problem. Please let me know if any requirement is missed by me.

Oh! Thanks for your prompt reply! It’s good to know!
BTW, your works look really impressive. I’m amazed at what you can actually create.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.