Severe problem with tree->DropBaskets() in root_v5.26/00

Hi Christian,

Please note that the binary for v5.26/00c have been made available earlier this month (root.cern.ch/drupal/content/patch-release-52600c)

Cheers,
Philippe.

Dear Philippe,

Thank you, I have already seen that the source code for v5.26/00c is finally available,
but I am still waiting for the binaries of v5.26/00c which are still not available at:
ftp://root.cern.ch/root/

Best regards
Christian

Hi Christian,

normally we provide only binaries for development and production releases but not for patch releases. We only provide binaries for patch releases on AFS configured and built for the LHC experiments. Bertrand, however might provide them on a best effort basis, soonish. :wink:

Cheers, Fons.

Dear Fons,

I did not realize this since it seems that for patch release v5.26/00b you did provide binaries for all platforms, or am I wrong?

Best regards
Christian

Yes we did, exception confirming the rule. :wink:

Hi Christian,

And we did yet another exception for v5.26/00c where the binary can now also be found on the web site.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Dear Philippe,

First I want to thank you very much for all your help, I appreciate it very much.

I have already seen that you have added the binaries for v5.26/00c, however the most important binary for the users of my package is the WinXP binary which should be *.win32.msi". Thus I hope that you are not too upset when I tell you that meanwhile I had to ask the admins to install v5.27/04 on their servers (which now turns to be outdated :frowning: ).

I hope that for the next update in April I can use the next production version of root.

Thank you once again.
Best regards
Christian