Running xrootd

Hi Lara,

Uhm … we should understand this, because it may give indications about the problem.
Can you have a look at the log file /tmp/ProofStress_6DcRf2 (or the appropriate one if you repeat the test)?

Did you re-build the ROOT binaries by yourself or did you just copy them from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/contrib/proof/root/5.19.01-PROOF.00/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root ?

Gerri

I just copied the files…

I’ve attached the /tmp/ProofStress_6DcRf2 file

Lara
ProofStress_6DcRf2.txt (6.02 KB)

Hi Lara,

The log confirms your previous error. I forgot to ask you to also have a look at /tmp/.proof-tutorial/xpd.log, but it is seems clear at this point that we have some kind of installation problem.

Copying the files should be OK. Just to be sure that everything is in place, I have put in /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/contrib/proof/root/tar the tarballs that I usually use to install: root_v5.19.01-PROOF.00.slc4_ia32_gcc34.tgz (optimized) and root_v5.19.01-PROOF.00.slc4_ia32_gcc34_dbg.tgz (debug).

Can you try one of them (perhaps the debug one, so we may have some more hint) ? Just copy the tarball in some dir with enough space (e.g. /tmp), untar it and repeat the stressProof test. If it fails, please post both the log
/tmp/ProofStress_… and /tmp/.proof-tutorial/xpd.log .

Gerri

Hello,

It didn’t work…now i"m not even able to run the xrootd daemon, it does nothing.
When I try with the old version I had everything seems to work fine.

I try to run the test but I get the following logs and it doesn’t work:

To call the test I wrote :
stressProof(“fanae41.geol.uniovi.es:1093”,1)

Is it alright?

Lara
Proof-log.txt (1.67 KB)

Hi Lara,

Please do from a shell

$ killall xrootd

and re-try without specify host and number of nodes, just

root [] stressProof()

Gerri

Sorry…but it still doesn´t work…

…getProof: checking for an existing daemon …
dlopen error: libXrdClient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /afs/fanae/scratch/root/root/li
b/libProofx.so
Error in TProofMgr::GetXProofMgrCtor: can’t load libProofx
~
~

Lara

Hi Lara,

Is /afs/fanae/scratch/root/root/lib/libProofx.so existing?

What’s the output of ‘echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH’ ?

Gerri

ps: at this point it may be faster if you get for me an account on your machines (a normal one is enough), so that I can directly make a few tests and try to understand what’s going on.