Rootn.exe startup crashes on Ubuntu 14.04.4

Hi all,

Thanks for looking into, which, after a short break while diverted to other projects, I am looking at again. We didn’t have cmake installed (?!) on our system, so after taking take care of that, as per the first suggestion, I tried using cmake, after a make uninstall/clean, etc. Just trying:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr/local" /home/johnsont/rootsrc/root-6.06.02
cmake --build .
sudo cmake --build . --target install

This somehow resulted in different errors when starting rootn.exe, which unfortunately I don’t remember (this was a couple of days ago) as I then tried to go back, after cleaning and redoing the make procedure from the README to see if anything changed (since I had installed cmake and did other general system updates). Now this resulted in “Fatal in TROOT::InitInterpreter: cannot load symbol /usr/local/root/bin/root.exe: undefined symbol: CreateInterpreter”. I suspect something in the cmake cache went awry with all the trials I’ve been doing, since certainly all the library paths are o.k. So, I’m going to try to clean everything up and start from scratch, using cmake again, and see what happens.

Of course, as Pepe Le Pew says he’s confirmed the problem cmake on 6-06-2, I’m not too hopeful. It may be as I thought, I might have to back down to one of the 5 versions.

Thanks for all your help and I’ll let you know what else I find out…

cheers,
Tim