Root with QT question

For the record. Please find the log HelloCanvas example build and screenshot

attached:

[code]new-host:HelloCanvas fine$ pwd
/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/qtExamples/HelloCanvas

new-host:HelloCanvas fine$ qmake

Project MESSAGE: Configuring Qt for Mac OS 10.7 build !

new-host:HelloCanvas fine$ make

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -pipe -O2 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -Wall -W -fPIE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/mkspecs/macx-clang -I. -I/Users/papa/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/include -I/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/include -I…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/Headers -I…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/Headers -I…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/Headers -I. -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers -F/Users/fine/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib -o HelloCanvas.o HelloCanvas.cxx
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -o HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas HelloCanvas.o -F/Users/papa/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib -L/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib -lGQt -L/Users/papa/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib -lGui -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lpthread -Wl,-rpath,/Users/papa/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib -lm -ldl -framework QtWidgets -F/Users/fine/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib -framework QtGui -F/Users/fine/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib -framework QtCore -framework QtCore -framework QtGui -F/Users/fine/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/clang_64/lib -framework QtCore -framework QtCore -framework OpenGL -framework AGL

new-host:HelloCanvas fine$ HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas

** Id: TGQt.cxx 3625 2013-08-29 04:43:46Z fineroot this=0x7fb285c1fb50
Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: QtRootGui[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in $(ROOTSYS)/cint/include:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib:/Users/papa/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/QtRoot/testfromsvn/qtRoot/sys/lib:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib::.:/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/lib::/Users/fine/Public/Software/ROOT/root-v5-34/cint/cint/stl
Font metric w = 148 h = 15 points= 13 pixels= -1 QFont( “Arial,13,-1,0,80,0,0,0,0,0” ) [/code]

Hi Valeri

For your reference I use

Mac OSX 10.9.2
ROOT 5.34/18 (heads/v5-34-00-patches@v5-34-18-153-g92602ce, Apr 02 2014, 10:12:52 on macosx64)
Qt version 4.8.5 in /Library/Frameworks (downgraded from 5.2) with QMake version 2.01a
XCode 5.1

Do you see anything not compatible ?

Thanks

And I still get errors when I try to make on qtRootShort.pro

rm -f libGQt.1.0.0.dylib libGQt.dylib libGQt.1.dylib libGQt.1.0.dylib g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -arch x86_64 -Xarch_x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -single_module -dynamiclib -compatibility_version 1.0 -current_version 1.0.0 -Wl,-install_name,@rpath/libGQt.1.dylib -o libGQt.1.0.0.dylib .obj/GQtDict.o .obj/GQtGUI.o .obj/TGQt.o .obj/TGQtDummy.o .obj/TQMimeTypes.o .obj/TQtApplication.o .obj/TQtBrush.o .obj/TQtClientFilter.o .obj/TQtClientGuard.o .obj/TQtClientWidget.o .obj/TQtEvent.o .obj/TQtEventQueue.o .obj/TQtMarker.o .obj/TQtRootApplication.o .obj/TQtSymbolCodec.o .obj/TQtTimer.o .obj/TQtWidget.o .obj/TQtPadFont.o .obj/TQtPen.o .obj/TQtRootSlot.o .obj/moc_TQtClientFilter.o .obj/moc_TQtClientGuard.o .obj/moc_TQtClientWidget.o .obj/moc_TQtTimer.o .obj/moc_TQtWidget.o .obj/moc_TQtEmitter.o .obj/moc_TQtRootSlot.o -F/Library/Frameworks -L/Library/Frameworks -L/Users/gio/Software/root_qt48/lib -lGui -lGpad -lRint -L/Users/gio/Software/root_qt48/lib -lGui -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lpthread -Wl,-rpath,/Users/gio/Software/root_qt48/lib -stdlib=libc++ -lm -ldl -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework QtCore clang: error: invalid deployment target for -stdlib=libc++ (requires OS X 10.7 or later) make[1]: *** [../libGQt.1.0.0.dylib] Error 1 make: *** [sub-qt-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Hi . This is a quotation from rootdev list. It sounds familiar.

[quote]From: Fons Rademakers
Posted: 04/04/2014 17:32
Subject: Problems compiling on MACOSX 10.9.2 XCODE 5.1

Ok good you found the alternative, in my case I even got the command line
tools update offered via the App Store.

And yes, the move to libc++ caused some problems, but in our case we
managed to master them.

Cheers, Fons. [/quote]

[quote=“giakov”]. …
Mac OSX 10.9.2
ROOT 5.34/18 (heads/v5-34-00-patches@v5-34-18-153-g92602ce, Apr 02 2014, 10:12:52 on macosx64)
Qt version 4.8.5 in /Library/Frameworks (downgraded from 5.2) with QMake version 2.01a
XCode 5.1

Do you see anything not compatible ? . . .
[/quote]Mmm. That’s mis-communication. I have been making corrections to accommodate Qt 5.x. You should be able to build the full (not just “Short”) Qt 4.8.5-base QtRoot with no recent corrections. So It is not Qt /QtRoot problem. It is ROOT for Mac issue. See my other message.

Hi Valeri

It’s not miss communication. Initially I asked you for 5.x but I had to downgrade to 4.8.x since it was not working. I may go again to 5.2 and let you know… but still in 4.8.x I get the same error as 5.2

[quote=“fine”]HI George,

1. I have updated my SVN repository to take in account some Qt 5.2 features.
    I was able to compile, build QtRoot as well as some examples on my MacOS 10.7.5 with no :exclamation: problem as described by sourceforge.net/p/qtroot/wiki/Home/ .
    I had no time to make all examples Qt 5.2 compliant. However I think #-o it is not so important.
    I would recommend to update your current working version from SVN.

2. I got your code. However, I did not find what I wanted to see, namely I need to see the qmake “project file rather the Makefile. Can you do that? (see sourceforge.net/p/qtroot/code/H … elloCanvas for example). Please do not send me the “”.git” send the the tar.gz working directory I start from. By some reason your message was sent to my “obsolete” e-mail address . Please, attach your tar with our project.pro the forum. This way the other people will be able to try it too.

Valeri[/quote]

Hi Valeri,

Sorry for the intrussion on this post.

I followed the http://sourceforge.net/p/qtroot/wiki/Home/ instructions and all it’s fine, but i had to make some minor changes on Makefiles in order to compile the software. For example on my Root installation (Root 5.34.00) i have the path for the headers and libs on:

$ROOTSYS/include/root
$ROOTSYS/lib/root

Instead, Makefiles searches on:

$ROOTSYS/include
$ROOTSYS/lib

Would be a good idea add something like :

`root-config --incdir --libdir`

on Makefile or .pro files?

On my experience i have on my .pro file:

LIBS += $$system(root-config --glibs) -lGQt 

Best regards!
Cederik