Root installing incorrectly?

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: 6.18.04
Platform: Windows 10
Compiler: Not Sure

I am able to open root and do some basic operations and plotting of functions, but I run into issues with certain functionality like the Help command not being available and being unable to run macros. As well as this, I also get a number of errors whenever I open root, which I had just been ignoring (probably not the best idea) because it had seemed to be opening fine in spite of these errors. I’m not really sure what to do aside from uninstall and reinstall, and I’m not sure if that would even help as I would just be using the basic installer to reinstall.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,
This is a known issue (there are already several topics on this forum about it) which is fixed in the next (coming soon) releases (6.20.06 & 6.22.00). Note that there might still be issues with some C++ code, due to incompatibilities between different versions of Visual Studio

Oh ok thank you very much. Can you provide me with links to those posts?

You’re very welcome! And see for example I cant run root on my computer (Windows 10 not Linux), or ROOT not launching, and you can also search the forum with the :mag: on top right corner of the page

Thank you very much for the help!

1 Like