Root installation error!

Hello my name is Nicolò Siffredi, I’am a student at the physics department of Turin.
I used root until a couple of weeks ago, then I changed the pc and I had to install the program on windows environment again using an Ubuntu shell downloaded from the microsoft store and Ximing.

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g+±7 -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk ‘/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}’ | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E “(c|g)++”
Results was:
With exit code 256

this is the error displayed at root startup, does anyone know how to fix it?
I thank you infinitely. I hope for your reply soon.

Nicolò Siffredi

Thanks for the reply, I tried to follow the guide you listed but I have the exact same problems as the other user. I installed all the libraries but once root is implemented it still gives me the same problem. In addition, my program ends with error 256 and not with error 0

Hi Nicolò,
did you manage to solve this? Here are instructions to install ROOT under WSL, did you follow those steps, or how exactly did you install ROOT?

P.S. note that installation of ROOT under WSL is not very common so there might be issues that we are not aware of. It is not a configuration we test for, I’m afraid.

Cheers,
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.