Root 6.26.10 did not compile anymore after update to macos Ventura 13.3.1

ROOT Version: 6.26.10
Platform: macos Ventura 13.3.1
Compiler: AppleClang 14.0.3.14030022

Dear all,
unfortunately I just updated my MacOS Ventura to the latest version (with the new version of Xcode etc i guess)
When compiling root now I got these errors:

In file included from /Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/core/base/inc/TQObject.h:42:
/Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/core/base/inc/TVirtualQConnection.h:53:42: warning: 'sizeof (val)' will return the size of the pointer, not the array itself [-Wsizeof-pointer-div]
      constexpr size_t size = sizeof(val)/sizeof(val[0]);
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~^
/Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/core/base/inc/TVirtualQConnection.h:51:25: note: pointer 'val' declared here
   void SetArg(const T* val)
                        ^
While building module 'Core':
While building module 'ROOT_Foundation_Stage1_NoRTTI' imported from /Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/build/include/Rtypes.h:195:
In file included from <module-includes>:4:
/Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/build/include/TClassEdit.h:29:10: fatal error: 'cxxabi.h' file not found
#include <cxxabi.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~
In file included from input_line_3:2:
/Users/mantonello/UHH_Analysis/root-6.26.10/build/include/Rtypes.h:195:10: fatal error: could not build module 'ROOT_Foundation_Stage1_NoRTTI'
#include "TIsAProxy.h"
 ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error: Error loading the default rootcling header files.
make[2]: *** [core/G__Core.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [core/CMakeFiles/G__Core.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
1 warning generated.
[ 75%] Built target MetaCling
make: *** [all] Error 2

Could someone help me to manage to recompile it again?
Before the update I managed to compile the same stable release without any issue.
Thank you so much

Massimiliano

Ouch sorry!
I just had a look but I didn’t understood if there is still a fix or not sorry

You can probably build from source (git master branch), but there are still some open issues that need to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.