ROOT 6.10.06 build failure on macOS 10.13 Xcode 9

The unhelpful message during offline builds is now a bug report.

Many thanks guys for your support.
Actually I do have curl:

ihulk:~ dinardo$ curl --version
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0) libcurl/7.54.0 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp 
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets 

So, are you sure it’s a problem with the download process ?
Is there anything I can do to help you to debug it more thoroughly ?

Many thanks,

• Mauro.

I’m certain there is a problem with offline builds, it’s easy to reproduce it.
And the error message from cmake in that case is exactly the same as yours.

With that said I don’t know what your exact issue is. Does everything work fine if you build with -Dimt=OFF?

Hi,
yes with -Dimt=OFF it compiles and works nicely.

• Mauro.

Dear All,
I was wondering whether you have any suggestion to fix the problem.
It’s true that the root compilation with -Dimt=off works, but I still would like very much to use multithreading.
Do you have any suggestion?
Did you get the same comments from other Mac users?

Many thanks and kind regards.

• Mauro

That I know of, you are the only user that reported this problem with TBB with an online build – over all platforms.

If you haven’t tried it already, I would suggest a simple solution that often helps with weird build problems: removing the build directory, every other mention of a ROOT installation from your environment variables, and re-build from source.

Another option is installing TBB yourself and ROOT should detect and use your system installation.

The root cause for the failure is indicated by the error log you posted earlier:

more /Users/dinardo/root_v6.11.02_master/myBuild/TBB-prefix/src/TBB-stamp/TBB-build-err.log 
make[4]: ../../build/Makefile.tbb: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `../../build/Makefile.tbb'.  Stop.
make[3]: *** [tbb] Error 2

It would be interesting to know why that file is not there: it should be created by the build system.

TBB is in many of the repos as well. This is what solved my issue when the TBB server was down:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.