ROOT 5.14.00 and vector<Double32_t> warning

Hi David,

There was an unfortunately problem with the patch. This has now been corrected in the CVS branch.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Philippe

Dear Philippe,

Thanks for the patch to 5.14. Could I dare to ask if there could be a patch release (5.14d?) for this fix? We are not very adept at building ROOT on windows (VC7.1 for now) quite yet we will have to provide the binaries to our windows users as well.

We’d certainly understand if it’s too much trouble…we will work it out in that instance.

Thanks,
Heather

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi David,

There was an unfortunately problem with the patch. This has now been corrected in the CVS branch.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Philippe[/quote]

I confirm it is now compiling and working fine :slight_smile:
The only modification I had to do was to increment the value of ROOT_VERSION_CODE in include/RVersion.h, so to make this ROOT version different from 5.14 and so that the user code patch is activated. I am not sure it was the best way to achieve this.

Hi Philippe,

One more question! I have picked up the v5.14.00d tag of ROOT from CVS. I just want to confirm there are two fixes:
1.) The user code you provided for reading “older” ROOT files we generated using v5.10.
2.) The patch in the ROOT source itself which fixes the schema evolution from vector to vector

With that second patch, we should expect that files written with v5.14d, will no longer require that user reading patch, since the file will have been written properly to begin with.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Heather

Cheers,
Philippe.