Queries about TMVA Application

Hi,
Sorry , I am not sure which picture are you referring to. The tutorial TMVAClassificationApplication produces a root file , TMVApp.root, which contains the histogram showing the classifier output distribution, depending on which classifier you have chosen.
You can get an output distribution using the TMVAGui which can run on the output file from the TMVAClassification.C tutorial. The output of the GUI will contain the output from signal and background events on the test and/or training data.

Lorenzo

first thank you a lot. i mean that in TMVApp.root (after root TMVAClassificationApplication.C) i could only get pictures like this

,not picture with blue Signal and red Background.
I can get pictures with blue Signal and red Background in TMVA.root after root TMVAClassification.C.
hope your reply :grinning:

Hi,
You can run TMVAClassificationApplication on signal events and then on background events so you can get histograms for both categories, and then you can plot one over each other with different colours (e.g. blue and red)

Cheers

Lorenzo

thank you very much! :slight_smile: I get what’s your mean. i try to do that.

Regards,
Zhaoling Zhang

Hi,
sorry,i run TMVAClassification.C with putting my signal and background events,then get weights.
After that,i run TMVAClassificationApplication.C with putting my real data and weights,but only get picture with one line (e.g. not blue and red). i donot understand the picture with one line ,even reading TMVAusersguide. thank you !
Regards,
Zhaoling Zhang

hi,
Sorry,now i understand the picture after running TMVAClassificationApplication.
Last question,i want get picture like this ,so i need put more than one signal ?

Yes, in this case you have the output for the separate background components, normalized to the same luminosity (e.g. 2.05 fb-1)

Lorenzo

1 Like