Qt4 and Root5.26 integration

Hi.

I would like to make Qt4.3 and Root 5.26 integration.Is it still

./configure –thread –no-xft –qt-gif –no-exeptions ?

Thanks
Frances

VIVE L’AMOUR!
see these threads, for example:

[url]Make qtcint dies in v5.28.00.patches

[url]V5.28.00.patches with Qt backend dies in font / fontconfig

Some bug fixes related to Qt4 have been introduced into the “v5.28.00.patches” svn source code (and into the svn “head”), but NOT into older releases (as far as I know, of course). 8-[

Note that there are still severe problems, awaiting Valeri to fix them. [-o<

BTW. The “configure” options that you show were for “Qt3 configuration itself”, NOT for “ROOT using Qt3”. I doubt you are trying to configure and compile your Qt4 yourself, do you? I take whatever the operating system provides. For ROOT, I simply use “–enable-qt --enable-qtgsi”. :-k

A pitiful case, am I not?
Pepe Le Pew.

VIVE L’AMOUR!
honestly speaking, I do not really know why I always say “–enable-qt --enable-qtgsi”.
I took it from the “configure” script:

code
–with-qt-incdir=) qtincdir=$optarg ; mocdir=$optarg/…/bin; enable_qt=“yes”; enable_qtgsi=“yes” ;;
–with-qt-libdir=
) qtlibdir=$optarg ; enable_qt=“yes”; enable_qtgsi=“yes” ;;
(…)[/code]

As one can see, it seems that they are expected to appear together. :-k

On the other hand, I believe you can actually just say “–enable-qt” without “–enable-qtgsi” and vice versa. 8-[

Is there any expert who could bring some light in here? O:)
Yes, I know there is the chapter “ROOT / Qt Integration Interfaces” in the “User’s Gude”, but it does not really cover this issue (i.e. it doesn’t even explicitly mention “–enable-qtgsi”, nor it says what happens if one configures ROOT using only one of these two options, nor what happens if one uses both). :unamused:

I am stupid. No?
Pepe Le Pew.

[quote=“Pepe Le Pew”]
Is there any expert who could bring some light in here? O:)
Pepe Le Pew.[/quote]I am sorry I missed your post :blush:
Just in case you still need any kind of support, please visit root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/How2Install4Unix.html first of all.
Hope this helps

[quote=“fclopez”] . . .I would like to make Qt4.3 and Root 5.26 integration.Is it still

…[/quote]No it is not. One doesn’t need any special flag to build Qt4
See root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/How2Install4Unix.html#long
So you need to do the 2 steps :

That’s