Pythia example does not work

Hello,

I am trying to run pythia example code in $ROOT_DIR/tutorials/pythia/pythia8.C
I have installed pythia 8230 and its working fine (all pythia example files compile and run flawlessly). However, if I run ‘.x pythia8.C’ as is suggested I get following error:

Processing pythia8.cc...
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libpythia8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error in <TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad>: failure loading library libEGPythia8.so for TPythia8.h
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libpythia8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNK8TPythia812EventListingEv' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TPythia8::EventListing() const
Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNK8TPythia815PrintStatisticsEv' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TPythia8::PrintStatistics() const
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNK8TPythia810ReadStringEPKc' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TPythia8::ReadString(char const*) const
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZN8TPythia810InitializeEiid' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TPythia8::Initialize(int, int, double)
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZN8TPythia8C1Ev' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TPythia8::TPythia8()

I am using ubuntu, root version 6.12, pythia version 8230 and g++ version 5.4. My .bashrc stands:

source ~/root/bin/thisroot.sh
export PYTHIA8=/home/mato/pythia8230
export PYTHIA8DATA=$PYTHIA8/share/Pythia8/xmldoc
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$PYTHIA8/lib

Any idea what might be wrong?

Martin

You can learn which “pythia8” library your ROOT wants:

ldd `root-config --libdir`/libEG*so | grep -i pythia

Try a “brutal fix” … in your macro, right before gSystem->Load("libEG");, try to add gSystem->Load("libpythia8");.

This is output of your command:
/home/mato/root/lib/libEGPythia8.so:
libpythia8.so => not found

I get same error after I added gSystem->Load(“libpythia8”);.

Try:

find ${PYTHIA8} -name "lib[pP]ythia*" -print

BTW. How did you compile ROOT that it knows about Pythia8 but it cannot find it now?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.