PYROOT jupyter

No, this gives me the same error message as before.

Cheers,
Theresa

Ok,

so we are first of all chasing a mistake in your setup rather than in the ROOT/Jupyter integration.
How did you obtain ROOT? Binaries or did you build it yourself?

Cheers,
D

I obtained it via macports (port install root6)!

Cheers,
Theresa

Theresa,

we do not support that distribution. May I invite you to build ROOT on your box or take advantage of one of our binaries? It’s not hard and we can help if needed.

Cheers,
D

Okay, that explains my problem. I did not know that and of course I’m going to take advantage of one of your binaries!

Thank you!

A caveat: until next week, the binaries will not be compatible with
XCode9 and/or osx 10.13 High Sierra.

Cheers,
D

Okay, thanks.
I was able to install it and I’m now able to import ROOT with python and ipython. Jupyter still doesn’t work though…

Cheers,
Theresa

Hi Theresa,

what is the issue?

Cheers,
D

Hi,

I’m still facing the problem of an import error: no module named ROOT.

Cheers,
Theresa

Hi Theresa,

this points to a clear issue of configuration on your side. If you are sure that the environment of ROOT is set when you invoke Jupyter, are you sure you have only a python2 version on your system?

Cheers,
D

Hi again,

I’m sure that I only have a python2 version on my system and I tried to set up the environment variables correctly. However, now I can execute the binary any more when I want to run root. Is it possible that I downloaded the wrong binary?

Cheers, Theresa

Before you launch jupyter perform these commands and see if ROOT directory is listed:

printenv ROOTSYS
printenv PYTHONPATH
printenv JUPYTER_PATH

That will indicate if the environment is set up correctly.

If I print these commands, the correct environment is listed.
Nevertheless, if I’m trying to launch jupyter it still says command not found!