Problem with SetShowProjectionY in mac os x 10.9

Hello, I managed to build root on the mac os x 10.9 but have encountered the
following problem. I create a TH2D histogram in the interpreter, draw and then
from the canvas I try to SetShowProjectionY. This fails spectacularly and ends with
lots of errors of the type:

Warning: /usr/bin/atos is moving and will be removed from a future OS X release.
It is now available in the Xcode developer tools to be invoked via: `xcrun atos`
To silence this warning, pass the '-d' command-line flag to this tool.
 -- 
 0x00000001078dfa94 in G__G__GPad_170_0_122(G__value*, char const*, G__param*, int) (in libGpad.so) + 36
 -- 
Warning: /usr/bin/atos is moving and will be removed from a future OS X release.
It is now available in the Xcode developer tools to be invoked via: `xcrun atos`
 -- 
 0x0000000105f80bd4 in Cint::G__ExceptionWrapper(int (*)(G__value*, char const*, G__param*, int), G__value*, char*, G__param*, int) (in libCint.so) + 52
 -- 
 -- 
 0x000000010602432a in G__execute_call (in libCint.so) + 74
 -- 

The only solution is then to kill my root session. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
Mark

[quote=“marktobin1976”]Hello, I managed to build root on the mac os x 10.9 but have encountered the
following problem. I create a TH2D histogram in the interpreter, draw and then
from the canvas I try to SetShowProjectionY. This fails spectacularly and ends with
lots of errors of the type:

The only solution is then to kill my root session. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
Mark[/quote]

No idea, for me it simply works ok. Probably, you have something else, the crash as you described it is not reproducible. Try to configure ROOT with --build-debug, built it, run in debugger and probably you’ll have a better diagnostic.

[quote=“tpochep”]
No idea, for me it simply works ok. Probably, you have something else, the crash as you described it is not reproducible. Try to configure ROOT with --build-debug, built it, run in debugger and probably you’ll have a better diagnostic.[/quote]

Sorry, you’re right, I was only looking at part of the stack trace. The actual error is the following:

root [2] Error in <TGHScrollBar::TGHScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found
Error in <TGVScrollBar::TGVScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found

*** Break *** segmentation violation
 Generating stack trace...
 -- 

Any ideas? I guess I am missing some package, although the compilation worked fine.
I updated a lot of stuff via macports and then compiled myself the patch version of 5.34.10.
I also updated XQuartz.

I configured root using:

git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git temp/ROOT
cd temp/ROOT/
git checkout -t origin/v5-34-00-patches
./configure --all
make
. bin/thisroot.sh 

I found a thread that seems to imply I should use a prefix. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Thanks,
Mark

[quote]

root [2] Error in <TGHScrollBar::TGHScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found
Error in <TGVScrollBar::TGVScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found

*** Break *** segmentation violation
 Generating stack trace...
 -- 

Any ideas? I guess I am missing some package, although the compilation worked fine.
I updated a lot of stuff via macports and then compiled myself the patch version of 5.34.10.
I also updated XQuartz.

I configured root using:

git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git temp/ROOT
cd temp/ROOT/
git checkout -t origin/v5-34-00-patches
./configure --all
make
. bin/thisroot.sh 

I found a thread that seems to imply I should use a prefix. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Thanks,
Mark[/quote]

Yes, there is a quite long thread discussing this problem (though it started as completely irrelevant to xpms). Somebody managed to fix it by modifying graf2d/asimage/src/libAfterImage/config.h (removing DISPLAY_MISSING), though obviously some configuration script seems to contain a bug which pops up from time to time on different platforms under different conditions.

[quote=“tpochep”][quote]
Yes, there is a quite long thread discussing this problem (though it started as completely irrelevant to xpms). Somebody managed to fix it by modifying graf2d/asimage/src/libAfterImage/config.h (removing DISPLAY_MISSING), though obviously some configuration script seems to contain a bug which pops up from time to time on different platforms under different conditions.[/quote][/quote]

I followed the solution from the other thread. I commented out the X_DISPLAY_MISSING in graf2d/asimage/src/libAfterImage/config.h

//#define X_DISPLAY_MISSING 0

reconfigured, compiled and finally root works normally again.

Thanks!