Problem while installing ROOT!

I followed this way. After the installing reached to 70%, the terminal was closing and I return open it and start again.
Then this error appeared after some times.>

dateCandidate(clang::TypoCorrection const&)‘:
ParseTentative.cpp:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_117TentativeParseCCC17ValidateCandidateERKN5clang14TypoCorrectionE+0xa4): undefined reference to `clang::CorrectionCandidateCallback::ValidateCandidate(clang::TypoCorrection const&)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/build.make:243: core/rootcling_stage1/src/rootcling_stage1] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:26786: core/rootcling_stage1/CMakeFiles/rootcling_stage1.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
– clad build command succeeded. See also /home/physicistesraa22/root_build/interpreter/cling/tools/plugins/clad/clad-prefix/src/clad-stamp/clad-build-.log
[ 75%] Performing install step for ‘clad’
– clad install command succeeded. See also /home/physicistesraa22/root_build/interpreter/cling/tools/plugins/clad/clad-prefix/src/clad-stamp/clad-install-
.log
[ 75%] Completed ‘clad’
[ 75%] Built target clad
gmake: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

What should I do now?
Is this error solvable? or what is the way that I could continue installation successfully?
I hope this time succeeds.
Many Thanks for you.

If the terminal got closed by the system then it’s really worrying. It may mean that your system started to kill running processes for some reason (ran out of “resources”?). Check what you get from:
nproc
free -h

However, it is also possible that the terminal gets automatically closed after a certain time of “inactivity”.
A simple test could be to open the terminal and leave it without doing any “activity” in it (then see if it disappears after some time; it could take some hours, of course).
If you are connecting to a server via “ssh”, use:
ssh -o TCPKeepAlive=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=99 ...
On your server, you may also want to set something like “ClientAliveInterval 99” in the “/etc/ssh/sshd_config” and then execute “sudo systemctl restart sshd”.
Check also (on both, your local machine and your server):
echo ${TMOUT}

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.