Problem in fitting (in function!)

Installed into where? I hope NOT into some “standard” system directories.

BTW. The ROOT team provides ready-to-use binary distributions for some systems, including various Ubuntu versions, which you just need to download and unpack (see “Using binaries” therein).

After installing to my computer, I changed in the bash file to have root directory independent. That’s what I remember.

So there should be no problem in having multiple ROOT versions. See e.g.:

May be try this version on ROOT 5 (as @Wile_E_Coyote suggested)
multi5.C (769 Bytes)

Yeah, somehow, if it works in root5 that would be better, as right now I don’t want to change my root version. If something bad happens I would be in a big trouble. Once it happened to me earlier, there was a version mismatch between root 6 and ubuntu.

I’ve forgotten that palette “75” does not exist in ROOT 5, so you need to replace it with e.g. “52”.

Yeah, working ultimately. Thanks to @Wile_E_Coyote and @couet

1 Like

You do NOT need to replace ROOT 5 with ROOT 6.
You can have MULTIPLE (different) ROOT versions installed SIMULTANEOUSLY in different directories (and easily switch between them).

For that, First I have to install ROOT 6 and then paste the following in my bash file???

alias root-53436='source /opt/ROOT/releases/root_v5.34.36/bin/thisroot.sh'
alias root-60902='source /opt/ROOT/releases/root_v6.09.02/bin/thisroot.sh'
alias root-61004='source /opt/ROOT/releases/root_v6.10.04/bin/thisroot.sh'
alias root-old="root-53436"
alias root-pro="root-60902"
alias root-new="root-61004"
alias root-dev="root-61004"
alias root-5="root-old"
alias root-6="root-new"

What exactly I have to do?

google -> bash aliases

To be complete on the graphics side: one should be also careful that all the histograms you are superimposing on the same plot have exactly the same ranges in all directions. Here is the version of the macro doing that. multi5.C (1.1 KB)

and the plot is:

75 -> 52

1 Like

multi5.C (1.1 KB)

1 Like

With data.txt I uploaded earlier, why with TGraph2DErrors I am not getting error bars drawn?
Can I directly read with TGraph2DErrors from a file?

er.cxx (2.4 KB)

@couet There is a bug in the TGraph2DErrors class. It uses the TGraph2D::RemovePoint method while it should have its own implementation for this method which also removes the corresponding “point errors” … JIRA -> ROOT / ROOT-10695

@Sandy Sorry, due to the above bug, for the time being you must use “#if 0” for the part which removes points if “z” <= “zmin”.

Here’s a modified version which does it properly in another way:

fit.cxx (1.9 KB)

@Wile_E_Coyote: Can you make a Jira ticket with that ? I will look at it asap. I am on something else right now.

Thanks. That’s nice.

Dear @couet

What I am seeing that only 52, 53, and 55 are giving color transparency.

Anyway, I have a request:
Since this QA series was more about plotting, could you please remove only the function part in my first post? As that functional form is under research, I do not want to disclose that. Thank you for your understanding.

You should be allowed to remove/edit all your posts.

So you want me to remove the data file and the code from your very first post ?