Problem compiling with CINT from PyROOT

Folks,

I am getting an error compiling a class from PyROOT, with gROOT.ProcessLine(".L tempClass.C++"). the error is below. This error is described elsewhere in the Forum as due to problems accessing some core libraries.

What is strange is that I can compile this just fine from within ROOT with .L tempClass.C++, and then I can use the compiled class just fine from within PyROOT.

The problem appeared when I upgraded to ROOT 5.34/01 and python2.7.  Perhaps I didn't set something up correctly, but it is odd that it works fine in ROOT, but not PyROOT.

The class in question is also linked below.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

regards, Aaron

(Bool_t)1
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/ec/roodman/Astrophysics/Donuts/./tempClass_C.so
/afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/ec/roodman/Astrophysics/Donuts/tempClass_C_ACLiC_dict.o: In function __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)': tempClass_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:(.text+0x446): undefined reference toG__add_setup_func’
tempClass_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:(.text+0x44b): undefined reference to G__call_setup_funcs' /afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/ec/roodman/Astrophysics/Donuts/tempClass_C_ACLiC_dict.o: In functionG__cpp_setup_tagtabletempClass_C_ACLiC_dict’:
tempClass_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:(.text+0x49c): undefined reference to `G__get_linked_tagnum_fwd’
tempClass.C (1.19 KB)

Hi,

this is known, see: https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?95188. You can either modify the ACLiC options as per that report, or move to a more recent version of 5.34 where I’ve put in a (temporary) fix until the bug report gets resolved.

HTH,
Wim