Nan in TTree

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this problem either. I assume it has been fixed after 4.00.08, which by the way is more than 2 years old…

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“Axel”]I assume it has been fixed after 4.00.08, which by the way is more than 2 years old…
[/quote]

Sure, that’s easy for you to say. But we’ve got frozen releases of root for given versions of CDFSoft. Even if we manage to get a new version of root for ourselves, that means we can’t share the output root files…

Did you try to share output ROOT files? Did you see any problems other than may be getting a warning?

Rene

[quote=“brun”]Did you try to share output ROOT files? Did you see any problems other than may be getting a warning?
[/quote]

I haven’t tried this recently, but my recollection is that 5.x root files are sometimes incompatible with 4.00.08 root (as in, they wouldn’t load correctly; I know for sure we had problems when using root 4 files with root 3.X).

There’s also the problem with sharing code (i.e., something that works in Root 5 that doesn’t work in Root 4).

The TMLP works without bugs in root 5 on my laptop, but, possibly related to the setups at cdf, I have had problems setting it up there, and so am still unsure as to the actual cause of the problem.

Cheers,
Toby

Hi,
after tending to other things for a while, I have this working. for information, I used instructions at :

www-cdf.fnal.gov/upgrades/comput … hints.html

to setup the root 5 version, and the code that I am using, which is complied and run externally to root but uses it’s classes, works fine.

Thank you for all your help!!

Toby