LZ4 complication fails in v6-11-02 for macOS 10.13

I downloaded the new version of root: v6-11-02 on macOS 10.13 (XCode 9). When compiling from source with the following options:
cmake …/root-git/ -Dgnuinstall=ON -Dbuiltin_gsl=ON -Dmathmore=ON -Dminuit2=ON -Droofit=ON

I get the following error:

[ 34%] Performing configure step for 'LZ4’
CMake Error at /Users/nmccoll/Dropbox/Work/programs/root/LZ4-prefix/src/LZ4-stamp/LZ4-configure-RelWithDebInfo.cmake:16 (message):
Command failed: 2

‘/bin/sh’ ‘-c’ ‘PREFIX=/Users/nmccoll/Dropbox/Work/programs/root CMAKE_PARAMS=’-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc" -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=" -m64 -pipe -W -Wall -fsigned-char -fno-common -Qunused-arguments -pthread" -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=""’ make cmake’

See also

/Users/nmccoll/Dropbox/Work/programs/root/LZ4-prefix/src/LZ4-stamp/LZ4-configure-*.log

make[2]: *** [LZ4-prefix/src/LZ4-stamp/LZ4-configure] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/LZ4.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.
We are working on those but there are a few residual issues with XCode9 as you noticed.

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi Nick,

I answered perhaps too quickly. I see you are interested in 10.13.
High Sierra will be supported for sure for the 6.12 release, foreseen for November: it’s just not yet ready.
This issue will be discussed in the team at the beginning of next week.
See also this post*.

Cheers,
Danilo

Thanks Danilo!

I understand that support for new OS’s take time, I just wanted to make sure that these problems were reported to facilitate that process.

Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick,

you did the right thing: we appreciate a lot this attitude!

Cheers,
Danilo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.