Libssl.so.1.0.0 and licrypto.so needed by /home/anupama/Downloads/root_v5.34.38.Linux-ubuntu14-x86_64-gcc4.8/root/lib/libNet.so, not found

Hello ! I am working in Corsika, and trying to convert a binary file to root using Corsikaplotter in Corsika.
In corsika root version 5 or less is required
Before installing root I installed ibssl-dev package given in the prerequisites, which is said to contain libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so

Still the error shows up that these two libraries needed by root are missing

ROOT Version: root_v5.34.38.
_Platform:Ubuntu 22.04
_Compiler:gcc version 11.3.0

Thanks in advance!

Try: dpkg -L libssl-dev

You try to use a ROOT binary distribution for “Ubuntu 14.04 / GCC 4.8”,
It will not work on “Ubuntu 22.04 / GCC 11.3”.

If you cannot switch to the current ROOT 6 for “Ubuntu 22.04 / GCC 11.3”, you either need to create and use a “Ubuntu 14.04” container or a virtual machine, or you need to build ROOT 5 yourself → Number 5 is Alive!

Thank you so much for the help I build root with the given instructions…The work is done partially but it shows this error CorsikaPlotter.cc:18:10: fatal error: TFile.h: No such file or directory
18 | #include <TFile.h>
But I can see this file exists on root
In the readme file for CorsikaPlotter it is written that CorsikaPlotter will be compiled only if root is installed. Does that mean root is installed properly?

Try:
root-config --cflags
ls -al $(root-config --incdir)/TFile.h

sir after using the above mentioned lines again the missing library problem has come up saying:
warning: libssl.so.1.0.0, needed by /home/anupama/Downloads/root_v5.34.38.Linux-ubuntu14-x86_64-gcc4.8/root/lib/libNet.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.1.0.0, needed by /home/anupama/Downloads/root_v5.34.38.Linux-ubuntu14-x86_64-gcc4.8/root/lib/libNet.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

See again my first reply above.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.