Keyboard Layout

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with by keyboard layout and root. If I switch from one layout to the other (lets say, from Italian to US) the terminal instance will work normally with the configuration I’ve set.
However, if I try to change anything in the created Canvas (like label title or SetRangeUser) it will use the “standard” layout instead.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?
PS.: I tried to open a new terminal with the keyboard already set, but it doesn’t solve the problem.

Cheers,
Henrique

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: 6.20
Platform: Ubuntu 20.04
Compiler: Not Provided

1 Like

@couet do you know what’s the keyboard layout that the graphics obey to?

It depends how you do that. I think @bellenot already looked into that in the past. He may know better than me.

Try searching the forum for keybord, for example I found this topic which may help…

It obeys to the Italian one that was set as default. When I get home today I will try changing the default and restarting the computer.

Hello,

Thanks. I took a look at this post but I have no idea of what is the solution that dl1 have found (or how to implement it). I will today give a more careful look in the topics and I give a feedback later if find anything,

Cheers

Hello everyone. I’m sorry for the late update.

I discovered that ROOT GUI will follow the system primary layout. So, if you have two or more layouts available, ROOT will choose the first one (linux Ubuntu 20.04), which is the one that you use when you turn on the computer. I’ve tested this in two different machines, with ROOT 6.20 and 6.18.

Also, you can change the primary layout and ROOT GUI will automatically change, there is not need to open and close terminal or GUI.

Cheers,
Henrique

1 Like