Integrating ROOT libraries into Cocoa program on Mac OS X

[quote=“fine”]
I have to beg a pardon I have no access to Mac machine to provide you any direct advice. I’ve forwarded your question to QtRoot mail list (see lists.bnl.gov/pipermail/qt-root … 00522.html ) and hope QtRoot/Mac experts will share their experience soon.[quote=“TraxusIV”]So anyone have any ideas? Is there another solution that will fix the whole problem?[/quote]On the other hands, I do not understand what you expected to see with "-cocoa " flag. The ROOT main is not GUI it is the console application “by design”. Did you try to build “qtExamples” ? Some of them are GUI applications. It should behave properly.[/quote]

Thank you for forwarding the question. For clarification, the -cocoa flag when building Qt instructs it to use the cocoa frameworks, rather than the carbon ones. Apparently, Qt must be compiled to specifically use one or the other, and the default is the old carbon frameworks.

Also, the binary to execute root is called, simply, “root”. “root.exe” is a wrapper binary that is launched to produce the Cocoa gui elements when needed, much as the X11 binary is launched under a normal root installation to host the gui elements. I think. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Paul

[quote=“gadamc”]Hi Paul.

I’d be interested in seeing your success with this project. It would be pretty cool to do this. I haven’t even attempted to do this yet as I’m just now learning my way around Cocoa.
However, I had a thought yesterday that might work - although it is clearly not idea.

What if you used TCanvas::Print to generate an image file (png, eps, pdf, jpg, … ??) and then just tell the Cocoa part to load that image onto you GUI. As I said, its clearly not ideal since you have to write/read to disk. But… if you can’t get QtRoot working. Clearly, the performance of your program will depend on how often you need to redraw your image.

Adam[/quote]

Actually, that sounds like a very clever workaround… I’ll keep that in mind, for sure.

Thanks,

Paul

[quote=“TraxusIV”]…
Actually, that sounds like a very clever workaround… I’ll keep that in mind, for sure.
…Paul[/quote]Let me repeat my question: "Did you try to build “qtExamples” ?

Instead of modyfing the QtRoot install script, you could install Qt separately, either by hand or through Macports (the Qt port is configured with the -cocoa option: http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/aqua/qt4-mac/Portfile#L105), and then use QTDIR to skip the Qt installation step when installing QtRoot.

Why do you still use the root binary instead of just linking your own application with the Root and QtRoot libraries?

Patrick

Val,

[quote=“fine”][quote=“TraxusIV”]…
…Paul[/quote]Let me repeat my question: "Did you try to build “qtExamples” ?[/quote]

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I got frustrated and shelved the qtroot stuff for a week while I worked on other parts of the program .

Yes, the qtExamples build. However, they do NOT run. For example, executing root earth.C from the qtExamples/HelloEarth/ directory results in:

[code]Macintosh-9:HelloEarth paulthompson$ root earth.C

•    W E L C O M E  to  R O O T       *

• Version 5.26/00b 9 February 2010 *

• You are welcome to visit our Web site *
  •      http://root.cern.ch            *

ROOT 5.26/00b (tags/v5-26-00b@32327, Aug 01 2010, 05:56:26 on macosx)

CINT/ROOT C/C++ Interpreter version 5.17.00, Dec 21, 2008
Type ? for help. Commands must be C++ statements.
Enclose multiple statements between { }.
root [0]
Processing earth.C…
Qt internal error: qt_menu.nib could not be loaded. The .nib file should be placed in QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/ or in the resources directory of your application bundle.

[/code]

Root then crashes. I haven’t tried this under the regular qtRoot installation, but since the regular examples (from the ROOT installation) ran just fine, I presume that it’s an artifact of the cocoa qt build (backed up by the links provided above).

Pat,

[quote=“Patrick”][quote=“TraxusIV”]
For clarification, the -cocoa flag when building Qt instructs it to use the cocoa frameworks, rather than the carbon ones. Apparently, Qt must be compiled to specifically use one or the other, and the default is the old carbon frameworks.
[/quote]
Instead of modyfing the QtRoot install script, you could install Qt separately, either by hand or through Macports (the Qt port is configured with the -cocoa option: http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/aqua/qt4-mac/Portfile#L105), and then use QTDIR to skip the Qt installation step when installing QtRoot.

Why do you still use the root binary instead of just linking your own application with the Root and QtRoot libraries?

Patrick[/quote]

I’ve tried installing Qt via macports (tried root via macports too) and had a very bad experience with it. Not only did it fail with some error durring the build, it took it about 10 hours to get to the package that failed (it installed 5 or 6 other ports before getting there). Installing Qt manually might be worth trying, and in fact, I may give it a go. But only to get the carbon version going. From what I was reading on those links above, the nib problem shows up any time you use the -cocoa flag, so doing it manually, vs as part of the script, it still ends up with a Qt install that won’t function properly.

Re using the root binary, I was using it (still) in order to test the Cocoa version of Qt. Now, your question DOES make me wonder if I can use the qtroot, cocoa and all, inside of my own program… I may give that a shot, and if I include the nib in the project, maybe it will work? I honestly have a very limited understanding of how Qt and Root work together, so I’m not even sure how to try. Like, is Qt an external program like X11 that launches when root calls it, or is it a pure framework, and has to be included in the program to work? I have no idea at this point. :confused:

Thanks,

Paul

Ok, so I tried making use of QtROOT directly in a program. The project is hosted at http://code.google.com/p/mac-helios-sim/source/browse/.

I only barely know what I’m doing with SCM so the settings probably aren’t quite correct, but I THINK anyone can checkout the project (not commit though). You’ll have to make some modifications to the project settings though: alter Other Linker Flags, Header Search Path, and Library Search Path to reflect your installation of root.

The guts of the project are this: Create a cocoa window with a single button on it. Pushing the button invokes a C++ function which creates and draws a root histogram. The program (if you get it to run) will lock up the main cocoa window when the button get’s pushed, since I don’t have any threads or such stuff implemented yet, and quitting the Root window will kill the whole process (the problem mentioned earlier in this thread I think).

This project previously worked under the regular X11 version of root. I’m not sure if it still does, since I’ve deleted and reinstalled root several times since then, but if someone tells me what changes I need to make to whatever file it is so that root defaults to x11 again, I’ll give it a shot. I’d do a second installation of root without the Qt stuff, but I’m kinda out of space on my hard drive, and I’m not sure which of the files and folders left over by the QtRoot install script are safe to delete. X^(

Anyway, the project now compiles and runs, but when you click the button, it gives an EXC_BAD_ACCESS at line 166 of TObject.cxx:

//______________________________________________________________________________
void TObject::AppendPad(Option_t *option)
{
   // Append graphics object to current pad. In case no current pad is set
   // yet, create a default canvas with the name "c1".

if (!gPad) {
      gROOT->MakeDefCanvas();
   }
   if (!gPad->IsEditable()) return;        // <---- EXC_BAD_ACCESS right here
   SetBit(kMustCleanup);
   gPad->GetListOfPrimitives()->Add(this,option);
   gPad->Modified(kTRUE);
}

//______________________________________________________________________________
void T

I’ll keep fiddling with this, but honestly I’m way out of my depth here, so if anyone has any idea what’s going on, I’d love to hear it. :smiley:

Thanks,

Paul

UPDATE: Ok, so I edited the /root/etc/system.rootrc file and changed

# GUI specific settings.
Gui.Backend:   qt
Gui.Factory:     qtgui

to

# GUI specific settings.
Gui.Backend:   native
Gui.Factory:     native

and now when the button is clicked, the histogram window pops up in X11 just fine. So… it’s definitely something wrong with Qt???

Thanks,

Paul

[quote=“TraxusIV”]…Like, is Qt an external program like X11 that launches when root calls it, or is it a pure framework, and has to be included in the program to work? I have no idea at this point. :confused: …[/quote] I think the question above is not correct. You should replace “Qt” with “cocoa” (Mac gurus may want to correct me ). I.e. the (your) question is [quote]" . . . is “cocoa” an external terminal interface like X11 that launches when root calls it, or is it a pure framework, and has to be included in the program to work. . .? [/quote]What about Qt, it is just a C++ interface between your application and cocoa. (as soon as cocoa is concern" ). It does introduce any new constrain.
I have beg a pardon. I till have very limited internet access to follow the discussion.

[quote=“TraxusIV”]…

Macintosh-9:HelloEarth paulthompson$ root earth.C [/quote]Sorry, it is NOT #-o what you were advised to do. You are keeping launching the “console application” rather GUI one. Please, [-o< select some example that is GUI application. I.e.that example that doesn’t use any [-X “root” to be started.

[quote=“TraxusIV”]Ok, so I tried making use of QtROOT directly in a program. The project is hosted at http://code.google.com/p/mac-helios-sim/source/browse/.
[/quote]Your project is not :frowning: correct. It must :cry: not work. What you need is :bulb: “ROOT-based Qt GUI application”. What you did is the “Qt-based ROOT console application” #-o . Please [-o< , try to reproduce any GUI example from qtExamples first.
Please [-o< , read the qtExamples carefully, None :bulb: of GUI examples contains anything like

TApplication app("fctest", &argc, argv); .... app.SetReturnFromRun(true); .... app.Run(); Can you build HelloCanvas for example ?

[quote=“fine”][quote=“TraxusIV”]…

Macintosh-9:HelloEarth paulthompson$ root earth.C [/quote]Sorry, it is NOT #-o what you were advised to do. You are keeping launching the “console application” rather GUI one. Please, [-o< select some example that is GUI application. I.e.that example that doesn’t use any [-X “root” to be started.[/quote]
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think I understand now, but I’m running into trouble trying to build the qtExamples. If I do “cd qtExamples; qmake; make” it builds for a while then crashes with error, ( rm -f libHelloOpenGL.so; ln -s libHelloOpenGL.dylib libHelloOpenGL.so; mv -f libHelloOpenGL.so ) usage: mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source target mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source ... directory make[1]: *** [libHelloOpenGL.so] Error 64 make: *** [sub-HelloOpenGL-make_default] Error 2
This is with the qtExamples directory that is in the qtRoot directory which is left over from running the install script. I also tried downloading the qtExamples directly from root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/downloads/qt … les.tar.gz as mentioned in the readme, but it dies complaining that there is no HelloClick.pro (and indeed, there is not!)

So I’m really not sure what the heck is going on.

Thanks,

Paul

Val,

Ok, so I redownloaded the qtRoot tarball (qtFullRoot.tar.gz) and built HelloCanvas directly from the HelloCanvas directory with ‘gmake; make’. It built and produced HelloCanvas.app, which then crashed when I ran it. D: But hey, at least I got it to build, right? :laughing:

I’m going to try to install a second installation of qt, but using the default carbon stuff rather than the cocoa stuff, and then see if that makes anything work.

Paul

Update again: Installed the carbon version of qt, changed $QTDIR to match the new install location, edited system.rootrc to use the qt graphics instead of native, deleted the existing HelloCanvas.app created by the previous build efforts, and did “make clean; qmake; make;” in the HelloCanvas directory. Build of a new HelloCanvas.app completes with no errors. However, the new HelloCanvas.app crashes when I try to run it. Running the demos.C file in root/tutorials DOES work correctly though, with all windows being generated using the carbon based Qt installation.

So I don’t know what’s wrong with HelloCanvas, but it seems to NOT work, either with the Carbon or the Cocoa version of Qt installed. I’ll try generating a .xcodeproj file using qmake, and see if I can debug the thing. I will update if/when I get that done.

Thanks,

Paul

[quote=“TraxusIV”]… I will update if/when I get that done.
…[/quote]One question. Can you edit HelloCanvas.cxx to comment out the ROOT stuff completely? (i.e. create the pure simple “Qt application” ) Does it still crash?

[quote=“fine”][quote=“TraxusIV”]… I will update if/when I get that done.
…[/quote]One question. Can you edit HelloCanvas.cxx to comment out the ROOT stuff completely? (i.e. create the pure simple “Qt application” ) Does it still crash?[/quote]

No, it still crashes. This is the output from the debugger:

[Session started at 2010-08-10 15:57:17 -0500.] GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May 5 04:30:06 UTC 2010) Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys003 Loading program into debugger… Program loaded. run [Switching to process 2465] Running… dyld: Library not loaded: libGQt.1.dylib Referenced from: /Users/paulthompson/Documents/Programming/Build Products/Debug/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas Reason: image not found sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a 'continue'. (Cannot call into the loader at present, it is locked.) (gdb)

I get the same output when I comment out the #includes for all the root headers, and comment out all the code inside main (other than the return). When the project was built by qmake, the paths to libGQt and libQtRootGui in the ‘Frameworks & Libraries’ group in xcode were incorrect. For some reason it had them as being relative to the project’s working directory, rather than the correct absolute paths, so they ended up being something like, “/Users/paulthompson/Desktop/qtRoot/qtExamples/HelloCanvas/$(QTROOTSYSDIR)/lib/libGQt.1.0.0.dylib”, which is completely wrong. Before correcting this, I can build & go, and I end up with

[Session started at 2010-08-10 16:01:40 -0500.]
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May  5 04:30:06 UTC 2010)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys002
Loading program into debugger…
Program loaded.
run
[Switching to process 2537]
Running…
dyld: Library not loaded: libGQt.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/paulthompson/Documents/Programming/Build Products/Debug/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas
  Reason: image not found
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a 'continue'. (Cannot call into the loader at present, it is locked.)
(gdb) [/code] which, again, is the same as after correcting the paths.  So I'm thinking that somehow there is something not right with how qmake is building the .xcodeproj file.

***10 minute pause while I try something....***

Ok, now this is getting very strange.  When I run the .app from the command line with gdb, whether it was built using the xcodeproj or the makefile, the thing stinking works.  When I double click on the .app in the Finder, it crashes.  If I 'Show Package Contents' on the .app, navigate to the binary and double click on it, it executes flawlessly.  Note that this is STILL without correcting the bad paths to libGQt and libQtRootGui.

Here is the terminal output from running HelloCanvas.app in gdb:
[code]anlextwls096-049:HelloCanvas paulthompson$ gdb HelloCanvas.appGNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May  5 04:30:06 UTC 2010)
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries ........... done

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Users/paulthompson/Desktop/qtRoot/qtExamples/HelloCanvas/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas 
Reading symbols for shared libraries .+++.................+++++++.................................................................................................. done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
TQtMmlTextProxy activated 
Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done
** $Id: TGQt.cxx 3449 2010-03-05 23:07:22Z fine@BNL.GOV $ this=0x15fce1b0
Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done
 Font metric w =  149  h =  15 points= 13 pixels= -1 QFont( "Arial,13,-1,0,80,0,0,0,0,0" ) 
Reading symbols for shared libraries ... done
 Good bye, ROOT Canvas

Program exited normally.
(gdb) 

Here is the text of the crash report from double clicking HelloCanvas.app in the Finder:

[code]Process: HelloCanvas [2792]
Path: /Users/paulthompson/Desktop/qtRoot/qtExamples/HelloCanvas/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas
Identifier: com.yourcompany.HelloCanvas
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [140]

Date/Time: 2010-08-10 16:25:52.618 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 698432 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 12
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 382 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 9
Anonymous UUID: CA1835F2-9D8B-478C-B771-D00FF82E1406

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9758aef6 __kill + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9758aee8 kill$UNIX2003 + 32
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9761d62d raise + 26
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x976336e4 abort + 93
4 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05edc031 qt_message_output(QtMsgType, char const*) + 210
5 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05edc0c5 qt_message(QtMsgType, char const*, char*) + 143
6 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05edc0f8 qFatal(char const*, …) + 38
7 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05edc131 qt_assert_x(char const*, char const*, char const*, int) + 55
8 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f30508 QIconvCodec::QIconvCodec() + 620
9 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f2e8fc setup() + 379
10 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f2e968 QTextCodec::codecForLocale() + 84
11 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f151a8 QTextStreamPrivate::reset() + 284
12 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f156b6 QTextStreamPrivate::QTextStreamPrivate(QTextStream*) + 252
13 libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 0x05f156f1 QTextStream::QTextStream(QString*, QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag) + 57
14 libGQt.1.dylib 0x0004d16b QDebug::Stream::Stream(QtMsgType) + 53 (qdebug.h:67)
15 libGQt.1.dylib 0x0004d1c4 QDebug::QDebug(QtMsgType) + 40 (qdebug.h:78)
16 libGQt.1.dylib 0x0004d20f qDebug() + 28 (qdebug.h:258)
17 libQtRootGui.1.dylib 0x00132a1d TQtMmlTextProxy::Create() + 25 (TQtMmlTextProxy.cxx:154)
18 libQtRootGui.1.dylib 0x00132ddb __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int) + 55 (TQtMmlTextProxy.cxx:159)
19 libQtRootGui.1.dylib 0x00132e05 _GLOBAL__I__ZN15TQtMmlTextProxyC2Ev + 26 (TQtMmlTextProxy.cxx:160)
20 dyld 0x8fe0ed6d ImageLoaderMachO::doModInitFunctions(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 235
21 dyld 0x8fe0d31e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int) + 246
22 dyld 0x8fe0d2c2 ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int) + 154
23 dyld 0x8fe0d3d1 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 61
24 dyld 0x8fe024a9 dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 134
25 dyld 0x8fe07950 dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**) + 4189
26 dyld 0x8fe018b1 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long) + 779
27 dyld 0x8fe01057 _dyld_start + 39

Thread 1: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x97550942 kevent + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9755105c _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 215
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x97550519 _dispatch_queue_invoke + 163
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x975502be _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 240
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9754fd41 _pthread_wqthread + 390
5 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9754fb86 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 2:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9754f9d2 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9754ff68 _pthread_wqthread + 941
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9754fb86 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x97633693 ecx: 0xbfffd1dc edx: 0x9758aef6
edi: 0x00132deb esi: 0x095143a0 ebp: 0xbfffd1f8 esp: 0xbfffd1dc
ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00000282 eip: 0x9758aef6 cs: 0x00000007
ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000037
cr2: 0xffe17818

Binary Images:
0x1000 - 0xaff3 +com.yourcompany.HelloCanvas ??? (???) <373FBC74-5EA7-2C31-9578-262B1EA4E086> /Users/paulthompson/Desktop/qtRoot/qtExamples/HelloCanvas/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas
0xf000 - 0x9bfe3 +libGQt.1.dylib ??? (???) /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libGQt.1.dylib
0x126000 - 0x21efe7 +libQtRootGui.1.dylib ??? (???) <141592EA-7C42-4AD1-A866-F1D79A6F96F3> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libQtRootGui.1.dylib
0x309000 - 0x960fff +libCore.so ??? (???) <373992DE-2192-FAB6-A4EF-4F7F39DA859B> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libCore.so
0xcec000 - 0xf73fe7 +libCint.so ??? (???) <0B74D517-DB12-AC14-11BD-D3FE6C181100> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libCint.so
0x13ff000 - 0x15caffb +libRIO.so ??? (???) <99CC7CE5-7FEA-FCA8-C445-6DF60CCE7E1A> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libRIO.so
0x164e000 - 0x1739ffb +libNet.so ??? (???) <312F2514-F291-80DC-EE7B-C90891470BDB> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libNet.so
0x17b4000 - 0x1b98fe3 +libHist.so ??? (???) /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libHist.so
0x1d12000 - 0x1ed6fef +libGraf.so ??? (???) <8C88CCB6-8FCB-9A41-FC03-525DBD3F5932> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libGraf.so
0x1f7a000 - 0x206bfef +libGraf3d.so ??? (???) <701C7713-8F3F-C099-5F08-E1ED75B33B54> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libGraf3d.so
0x20d9000 - 0x219afff +libGpad.so ??? (???) <73C02B2B-1F84-8FB6-F656-31607E75DD70> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libGpad.so
0x21fc000 - 0x23bcff7 +libTree.so ??? (???) <3544EFB8-127C-37B8-4A33-1C2726EE77FC> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libTree.so
0x249c000 - 0x24c0fff +libRint.so ??? (???) /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libRint.so
0x24d9000 - 0x2521ffb +libPostscript.so ??? (???) <7367438F-BD1A-1F56-22C3-6BECE520C1F0> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libPostscript.so
0x253d000 - 0x2739ff3 +libMatrix.so ??? (???) /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libMatrix.so
0x27fd000 - 0x287cfef +libPhysics.so ??? (???) <207D2993-4BA0-A4EB-4B7A-34525FF8656F> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libPhysics.so
0x28b9000 - 0x2a66fff +libMathCore.so ??? (???) <366EF869-7136-B458-FC52-4A0423A29336> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libMathCore.so
0x2ba8000 - 0x2bdfffb +libThread.so ??? (???) <0D086BEE-B3CC-F9AC-4328-5CEC2CE9AC3F> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libThread.so
0x2c06000 - 0x3216fe3 +libGui.so ??? (???) <7FE60823-9782-7FDC-733A-E8481331DA01> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libGui.so
0x3475000 - 0x3591feb +libTable.so ??? (???) <6A880188-84F9-D12C-E78A-FB4E9BED9A8A> /Applications/CERNRoot/root/lib/libTable.so
0x3615000 - 0x380eff7 +libQt3Support_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQt3Support_debug.4.dylib
0x39e4000 - 0x3a08ff7 +libQtSql_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQtSql_debug.4.dylib
0x3a3e000 - 0x3c30fe7 +libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <198C787E-261E-8CBF-D485-51651ED55C03> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQtCore_debug.4.dylib
0x3df4000 - 0x3e39fe7 +libQtXml_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <8F363464-1FB9-ED78-81B4-1540DA6F1C51> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQtXml_debug.4.dylib
0x3e87000 - 0x46e1ff3 +libQtGui_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <3593B3E4-9639-7B36-4CEF-E5D9C41FE331> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib
0x4d96000 - 0x4e67ff7 +libQtNetwork_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3Carbon/lib/libQtNetwork_debug.4.dylib
0x4f36000 - 0x5795ffb +libQtGui_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <7FAC396D-A147-92F9-72DB-84F7421C8975> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib
0x5ed8000 - 0x60cefe7 +libQtCore_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <5991E53F-FC75-A7FE-16AD-4CFD72928875> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtCore_debug.4.dylib
0x62b5000 - 0x6f24fe7 +libQtWebKit_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtWebKit_debug.4.dylib
0x8af5000 - 0x8b23ff7 +libphonon_debug.4.dylib 4.3.1 (compatibility 4.3.0) <86777906-0DCC-24AF-E25E-A2D0BE185C2C> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libphonon_debug.4.dylib
0x8b7e000 - 0x8d7dfe7 +libQt3Support_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <711D082A-DBF0-6677-8D87-9C37876DFB12> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQt3Support_debug.4.dylib
0x8f9e000 - 0x8fc3ff7 +libQtSql_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <0DF2CD06-7E02-0A79-1224-DC30A0E44FF8> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtSql_debug.4.dylib
0x8fff000 - 0x9045fe7 +libQtXml_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) <1D18C6CB-3F20-6768-6627-A58DE6AAA5EC> /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtXml_debug.4.dylib
0x909a000 - 0x916fff7 +libQtNetwork_debug.4.dylib 4.6.3 (compatibility 4.6.0) /Applications/CERNRoot/Qt-4.6.3/lib/libQtNetwork_debug.4.dylib
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe4162b dyld 132.1 (???) /usr/lib/dyld
0x90042000 - 0x90086ff3 com.apple.coreui 2 (114) <29F8F1A4-1C96-6A0F-4CC2-9B85CF83209F> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
0x9008c000 - 0x903acfeb com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 861.13 (861.13) <52803668-3669-36BD-57DD-078FBA835081> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
0x9040d000 - 0x90670fef com.apple.security 6.1.1 (37594) <8AE73F5F-936C-80F6-B05B-A50C3082569C> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
0x90671000 - 0x906d5ffb com.apple.htmlrendering 72 (1.1.4) <4D451A35-FAB6-1288-71F6-F24A4B6E2371> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HTMLRendering.framework/Versions/A/HTMLRendering
0x9099b000 - 0x90a54fe7 libsqlite3.dylib 9.6.0 (compatibility 9.0.0) <16CEF8E8-8C9A-94CD-EF5D-05477844C005> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
0x919a6000 - 0x919a6ff7 com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib 3.6 (vecLib 3.6) <1DEC639C-173D-F808-DE0D-4070CC6F5BC7> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x91a2e000 - 0x91a7eff7 com.apple.framework.familycontrols 2.0.1 (2010) /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FamilyControls.framework/Versions/A/FamilyControls
0x91fe3000 - 0x91fedffb com.apple.speech.recognition.framework 3.11.1 (3.11.1) /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
0x91fee000 - 0x92026fe7 libncurses.5.4.dylib 5.4.0 (compatibility 5.4.0) <8776C654-D54E-9756-A58D-74738A4E9497> /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib
0x92027000 - 0x921a1fe3 com.apple.CoreFoundation 6.6.3 (550.29) <00373783-3744-F47D-2191-BEEA658F0C3D> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
0x92441000 - 0x9248afe7 libTIFF.dylib ??? (???) <9CFF48CC-4852-4D06-17AC-3C947C824159> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
0x925de000 - 0x9268bfe7 libobjc.A.dylib 227.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
0x9268c000 - 0x92729fe3 com.apple.LaunchServices 362.1 (362.1) <885D8567-9E40-0105-20BC-42C7FF657583> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
0x9272a000 - 0x9276dff7 com.apple.NavigationServices 3.5.4 (182) <753B8906-06C0-3AE0-3D6A-8FF5AC18ED12> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/NavigationServices.framework/Versions/A/NavigationServices
0x92820000 - 0x92820ff7 com.apple.ApplicationServices 38 (38) <8012B504-3D83-BFBB-DA65-065E061CFE03> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
0x928d2000 - 0x928d9ff3 com.apple.print.framework.Print 6.1 (237.1) <97AB70B6-C653-212F-CFD3-E3816D0F5C22> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Print.framework/Versions/A/Print
0x928da000 - 0x928ebff7 com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.6 (1.6.6) <97511CC7-FE23-5AC3-2EE2-B5479FAEB316> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
0x92a93000 - 0x92a93ff7 com.apple.Accelerate 1.6 (Accelerate 1.6) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate
0x92c81000 - 0x92c8eff7 com.apple.NetFS 3.2.1 (3.2.1) <5E61A00B-FA16-9D99-A064-47BDC5BC9A2B> /System/Library/Frameworks/NetFS.framework/Versions/A/NetFS
0x92c97000 - 0x92d98fe7 libxml2.2.dylib 10.3.0 (compatibility 10.0.0) /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
0x92d99000 - 0x92d9aff7 com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.6.3 (1.6.3) <959DFFAE-A06B-7FF6-B713-B2076893EBBD> /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0x92d9b000 - 0x92dc3ff7 libxslt.1.dylib 3.24.0 (compatibility 3.0.0) <769EF4B2-C1AD-73D5-AAAD-1564DAEA77AF> /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
0x93114000 - 0x93114ff7 liblangid.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/liblangid.dylib
0x93115000 - 0x9312afff com.apple.ImageCapture 6.0 (6.0) <3F31833A-38A9-444E-02B7-17619CA6F2A0> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/ImageCapture
0x9312b000 - 0x9321dff7 libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib 0.9.8 (compatibility 0.9.8) /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
0x9343b000 - 0x93459ff7 com.apple.CoreVideo 1.6.1 (45.4) /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
0x9347c000 - 0x93480ff7 IOSurface ??? (???) <66E11D8E-CF4B-EFD0-37F9-20177C647021> /System/Library/Frameworks/IOSurface.framework/Versions/A/IOSurface
0x93481000 - 0x934dcff7 com.apple.framework.IOKit 2.0 (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
0x9355e000 - 0x935f0fe3 com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 6.2 (312.5) <7729B4D7-D661-D669-FA7E-510F93F685A6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
0x935f1000 - 0x935ffff7 com.apple.opengl 1.6.8 (1.6.8) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
0x93600000 - 0x93603ff7 libCoreVMClient.dylib ??? (???) <420D9D10-B00E-202D-AA98-026996AB97DD> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib
0x93604000 - 0x9364aff7 libauto.dylib ??? (???) <85670A64-3B67-8162-D441-D8E0BE15CA94> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
0x9364b000 - 0x93805fe3 com.apple.ImageIO.framework 3.0.3 (3.0.3) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
0x93a1c000 - 0x93a30fe7 libbsm.0.dylib ??? (???) <14CB053A-7C47-96DA-E415-0906BA1B78C9> /usr/lib/libbsm.0.dylib
0x93a31000 - 0x93ab3ffb SecurityFoundation ??? (???) <3670AE8B-06DA-C447-EB14-79423DB9C474> /System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
0x93bac000 - 0x93bacff7 com.apple.CoreServices 44 (44) /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
0x93bad000 - 0x93bf1fe7 com.apple.Metadata 10.6.3 (507.10) <630494FA-3BB3-EDD3-E10B-8DAAF4831E26> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
0x93df5000 - 0x93ed2ff7 com.apple.vImage 4.0 (4.0) <64597E4B-F144-DBB3-F428-0EC3D9A1219E> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
0x93ed3000 - 0x93f24ff7 com.apple.HIServices 1.8.0 (???) <10C85B88-C6AF-91DB-2546-34661BA35AC5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
0x93f25000 - 0x93f2ffe7 com.apple.audio.SoundManager 3.9.3 (3.9.3) <5F494955-7290-2D91-DA94-44B590191771> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound
0x93f30000 - 0x9405cfff com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.6.3 (1.6.3) /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
0x94090000 - 0x9416bfe7 com.apple.DesktopServices 1.5.7 (1.5.7) /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
0x9416c000 - 0x941d6fe7 libstdc++.6.dylib 7.9.0 (compatibility 7.0.0) <411D87F4-B7E1-44EB-F201-F8B4F9227213> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
0x941d9000 - 0x941e5ff7 libkxld.dylib ??? (???) <322A4B52-8305-3081-6B74-813C3A87A56D> /usr/lib/system/libkxld.dylib
0x941e6000 - 0x94206fe7 libresolv.9.dylib 41.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <751955F3-21FB-A03A-4E92-1F3D4EFB8C5B> /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
0x94207000 - 0x9422dfff com.apple.DictionaryServices 1.1.1 (1.1.1) <02709230-9B37-C743-6E27-3FCFD18211F8> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
0x94235000 - 0x94249ffb com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.10.35 (3.10.35) <57DD5458-4F24-DA7D-0927-C3321A65D743> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
0x9435d000 - 0x94375ff7 com.apple.CFOpenDirectory 10.6 (10.6) <1537FB4F-C112-5D12-1E5D-3B1002A4038F> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory
0x94376000 - 0x94378ff7 libRadiance.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
0x943f6000 - 0x94429ff7 com.apple.AE 496.4 (496.4) <7F34EC47-8429-3077-8158-54F5EA908C66> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
0x9442a000 - 0x9442fff7 com.apple.OpenDirectory 10.6 (10.6) <92582807-E8F3-3DD9-EB42-4195CFB754A1> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory
0x94477000 - 0x94480ff7 com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.3 (2.3) /System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
0x94481000 - 0x94537ffb libFontParser.dylib ??? (???) <067DC1A2-764B-41EA-B07E-4205472749B7> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontParser.dylib
0x94538000 - 0x94570ff7 libcups.2.dylib 2.8.0 (compatibility 2.0.0) <76C02F5C-98FD-BD64-B5FB-C698FB76EA25> /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
0x94571000 - 0x94619ffb com.apple.QD 3.35 (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
0x9461a000 - 0x9463bfe7 com.apple.opencl 12.1 (12.1) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL
0x9463c000 - 0x946abff7 libvMisc.dylib 268.0.1 (compatibility 1.0.0) <2FC2178F-FEF9-6E3F-3289-A6307B1A154C> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
0x946ac000 - 0x94a14ff7 com.apple.QuartzCore 1.6.2 (227.22) <4288F0D2-0C87-F054-C372-8764B44DE024> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
0x94a9a000 - 0x94abcfef com.apple.DirectoryService.Framework 3.6 (621.3) <05FFDBDB-F16B-8AC0-DB42-986965FCBD95> /System/Library/Frameworks/DirectoryService.framework/Versions/A/DirectoryService
0x94adf000 - 0x94ae5fff com.apple.CommonPanels 1.2.4 (91) <2438AF5D-067B-B9FD-1248-2C9987F360BA> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommonPanels.framework/Versions/A/CommonPanels
0x94ae6000 - 0x94af1ff7 libGL.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
0x94baa000 - 0x94bedff7 libGLU.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x94e03000 - 0x94e04ff7 com.apple.TrustEvaluationAgent 1.1 (1) <6C04C4C5-667E-2EBE-EB96-5B67BD4B2185> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TrustEvaluationAgent.framework/Versions/A/TrustEvaluationAgent
0x94e71000 - 0x94f9ffe7 com.apple.CoreData 102.1 (251) /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
0x94fee000 - 0x95097ff7 com.apple.CFNetwork 454.9.7 (454.9.7) /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
0x95098000 - 0x950daff7 libvDSP.dylib 268.0.1 (compatibility 1.0.0) <3F0ED200-741B-4E27-B89F-634B131F5E9E> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
0x950db000 - 0x9534bffb com.apple.Foundation 6.6.3 (751.29) /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
0x953f0000 - 0x95488fe7 edu.mit.Kerberos 6.5.10 (6.5.10) <8B83AFF3-C074-E47C-4BD0-4546EED0D1BC> /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
0x9548f000 - 0x95493ff7 libGFXShared.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib
0x95540000 - 0x95571ff7 libGLImage.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
0x95572000 - 0x9567eff7 libGLProgrammability.dylib ??? (???) <23AB2443-1DB3-3BFE-38A6-11F0BE453989> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
0x9579b000 - 0x95abffef com.apple.HIToolbox 1.6.3 (???) <0A5F56E2-9AF3-728D-70AE-429522AEAD8A> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
0x95b0f000 - 0x95f25ff7 libBLAS.dylib 219.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
0x95f7d000 - 0x96047fef com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 357 (357) /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
0x9620d000 - 0x9621dff7 libsasl2.2.dylib 3.15.0 (compatibility 3.0.0) /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
0x96338000 - 0x963e6ff3 com.apple.ink.framework 1.3.3 (107) <57B54F6F-CE35-D546-C7EC-DBC5FDC79938> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
0x968a1000 - 0x968c5ff7 libJPEG.dylib ??? (???) <5CE96981-6B2A-D15B-4A17-E7BD329095B6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
0x968c6000 - 0x96903ff7 com.apple.SystemConfiguration 1.10.2 (1.10.2) <398BB007-41FD-1A30-26D8-CB86ED5E467E> /System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
0x96905000 - 0x96907ff7 com.apple.securityhi 4.0 (36638) <38D36D4D-C798-6ACE-5FA8-5C001993AD6B> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SecurityHI.framework/Versions/A/SecurityHI
0x9695b000 - 0x969a8feb com.apple.DirectoryService.PasswordServerFramework 6.0 (6.0) /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PasswordServer.framework/Versions/A/PasswordServer
0x969c8000 - 0x96a78ff3 com.apple.ColorSync 4.6.3 (4.6.3) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x96b56000 - 0x97436ff7 com.apple.AppKit 6.6.6 (1038.29) <6F28C335-6DC2-AE0E-B79A-F256DBD0BB45> /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
0x97525000 - 0x97528fe7 libmathCommon.A.dylib 315.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <1622A54F-1A98-2CBE-B6A4-2122981A500E> /usr/lib/system/libmathCommon.A.dylib
0x97529000 - 0x976cffeb libSystem.B.dylib 125.2.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <3441F338-2218-6D36-3F95-3A16FBF6713D> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x976d0000 - 0x976d4ff7 libGIF.dylib ??? (???) <3ECD4D2C-40FE-E9A0-A2D2-E36D1C00D3A8> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
0x976d7000 - 0x976d7ff7 com.apple.Carbon 150 (152) <9252D5F2-462D-2C15-80F3-109644D6F704> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
0x97725000 - 0x97737ff7 com.apple.MultitouchSupport.framework 204.13 (204.13) /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/A/MultitouchSupport
0x97738000 - 0x977b3fe7 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 3.2.2 (3.2.2) <51D0E2DC-B15F-AF6C-70D8-026DDAD4E2A5> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x9791a000 - 0x98109557 com.apple.CoreGraphics 1.543.50 (???) <74533178-5C90-0F54-1B06-2E1C5251ED5D> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
0x9810a000 - 0x9816bfe7 com.apple.CoreText 3.1.0 (???) <1372DABE-F183-DD03-03C2-64B2464A4FD5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
0x9816c000 - 0x9816cff7 com.apple.vecLib 3.6 (vecLib 3.6) <7362077A-890F-3AEF-A8AB-22247B10E106> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x981d1000 - 0x981dffe7 libz.1.dylib 1.2.3 (compatibility 1.0.0) <3CE8AA79-F077-F1B0-A039-9103A4A02E92> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
0x9828b000 - 0x986c0ff7 libLAPACK.dylib 219.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <5E2D2283-57DE-9A49-1DB0-CD027FEFA6C2> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
0x98805000 - 0x988a0ff7 com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 4.3 (???) <7ECA252B-5F67-2816-A4F0-73E1DC833728> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
0x988a1000 - 0x98a23fe7 libicucore.A.dylib 40.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <2314BD12-0821-75BB-F3BC-98D324CFD30A> /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
0x98a24000 - 0x98a40fe3 com.apple.openscripting 1.3.1 (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OpenScripting.framework/Versions/A/OpenScripting
0x994b7000 - 0x994baffb com.apple.help 1.3.1 (41) <67F1F424-3983-7A2A-EC21-867BE838E90B> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Help.framework/Versions/A/Help
0x99533000 - 0x9954eff7 libPng.dylib ??? (???) <36A3D75E-5178-4358-7F02-444E276D61AD> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
0x998d6000 - 0x99956feb com.apple.SearchKit 1.3.0 (1.3.0) <9E18AEA5-F4B4-8BE5-EEA9-818FC4F46FD9> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
0xffff0000 - 0xffff1fff libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???) <3441F338-2218-6D36-3F95-3A16FBF6713D> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

[/code]

Output from the Xcode debugger (which is still gdb, but maybe a different version??? *** NOPE, just checked, same version of gdb) BEFORE correcting the paths:

[code]
[Session started at 2010-08-10 16:26:36 -0500.]
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May 5 04:30:06 UTC 2010)
Type “show copying” to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type “show warranty” for details.
This GDB was configured as “i386-apple-darwin”.tty /dev/ttys001
Loading program into debugger…
Program loaded.
run
[Switching to process 2815]
Running…
dyld: Library not loaded: libGQt.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/paulthompson/Documents/Programming/Build Products/Debug/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas
Reason: image not found
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a ‘continue’. (Cannot call into the loader at present, it is locked.)
kill
quit

The Debugger has exited with status 0.(gdb) [/code]

And the same output AFTER correcting the paths:

[Session started at 2010-08-10 16:29:24 -0500.] GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May 5 04:30:06 UTC 2010) Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys002 Loading program into debugger… Program loaded. run [Switching to process 2865] Running… dyld: Library not loaded: libGQt.1.dylib Referenced from: /Users/paulthompson/Documents/Programming/Build Products/Debug/HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas Reason: image not found sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a 'continue'. (Cannot call into the loader at present, it is locked.) (gdb)

So… ?

Thanks,

Paul

UPDATE: I modified the MacHeliosSim project, linked earlier, to use the code from HelloCanvas, and, as with HelloCanvas, it will run if I start the binary directly, but crashes if I try to start it by double clicking on the .app in the Finder.

Paul

[quote=“TraxusIV”]UPDATE: I modified the MacHeliosSim project, linked earlier, to use the code from HelloCanvas, and, as with HelloCanvas, it will run if I start the binary directly, but crashes if I try to start it by double clicking on the .app in the Finder.

Paul[/quote]

Update to the update: If I build MacHeliosSim using the Cocoa version of Qt, it works! I can double click the .app icon in the finder and the program opens and executes correctly. Again, using the Carbon based Qt, it’s still no-go. I’m going to try building HelloCanvas with the Cocoa Qt and see if it works.

paul

update to the update to the update: HelloCanvas does NOT work, even when built using the Cocoa based Qt. So something is fishy…

Paul

EDIT Made the cocoa version work by adding qt_menu.nib to HelloCanvas.app/Contents/Resources.

[quote=“TraxusIV”][quote=“fine”][quote=“TraxusIV”]… I will update if/when I get that done.
…[/quote]One question. Can you edit HelloCanvas.cxx to comment out the ROOT stuff completely? (i.e. create the pure simple “Qt application” ) Does it still crash?[/quote]

No, it still crashes. This is the output from the debugger:
[/quote]You sent us a lot of information. I have to admit I am lost :unamused: . Please be short
Did you say you could not build cocoa application with Qt and with NO ROOT ? (Apparently, for such application it doesn’t matter whether the path to QtRoot is correct or not). If you cannot build the simple Qt application with no ROOT then #-o I would recommend (sorry I cannot :frowning: provide any better advice ) you to attend some Qt forum first rather ROOT one. Then come back to share your finding :wink:

[quote=“fine”]You sent us a lot of information. I have to admit I am lost :unamused: . Please be short
Did you say you could not build cocoa application with Qt and with NO ROOT ? (Apparently, for such application it doesn’t matter whether the path to QtRoot is correct or not). If you cannot build the simple Qt application with no ROOT then #-o I would recommend (sorry I cannot :frowning: provide any better advice ) you to attend some Qt forum first rather ROOT one. Then come back to share your finding :wink:[/quote]

The regular Qt demo programs that come with the Qt installation build without problem for the Carbon based Qt install. For the Cocoa based Qt install, I had to copy the qt_menu.nib file into qtdemo.app/Contents/Resources directory, and into the .app/Contents/Resources directory of every demo program that I wanted to run, but after that, they executed correctly as well.

When I build HelloCanvas using the Cocoa based Qt installation (by changing the $QTDIR to the cocoa based qt install location), HelloCanvas.app will run properly from the Finder if I first copy qt_menu.nib into the HelloCanvas.app/Contents/Resources directory. Otherwise, it can be executed without copying the nib by double clicking (or starting from terminal) HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas.

When I build HelloCanvas using the Carbon based Qt installation (by adjusting the $QTDIR variable to the carbon based qt install location), HelloCanvas.app will NOT run properly from the Finder, even if I copy the qt_menu.nib file (.nib files are only used for Cocoa apps anyway, I think). However, it can be executed by double clicking (or starting from terminal) HelloCanvas.app/Contents/MacOS/HelloCanvas.

So my conclusion is this: For the Cocoa based Qt, there is a problem where the qt_menu.nib file doesnot get copied into the .app bundle when projects are built. This is Nokia’s responsibility. However, there is also some strange error when using the Carbon based Qt. I suspect that this is conflict between Qt and QtRoot, since it shows up only in the qtExamples, and not in the regular Qt demos (I’ve found the launching problem in both HelloCanvas and CustomCanvasMenu, and CustomCanvasMenu has some other errors too, like not being able to locate hsimple.c). Whatever this launch error is that is affecting the qtExamples built using the Carbon based Qt installation, I suspect that it is present also in the Cocoa based versions, but that Cocoa somehow ignores the exception and continues, instead of crashing. (I’m not sure why I think this, but I think it has something to do with something I observed while coding last night around 2 am… which conveniently, I can’t remember right now #-o ).

So anyway, I would say that for the .nib problem, that’s definitely Nokia’s territory, but I think there is still something related to the QtRoot code that needs to be worked out too.

I should point out that all that I know about both ROOT and Qt is what I have learned since starting this thread, so I almost don’t know what questions to ask about these errors. I’ll gladly take all the advice I can get. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Paul