Installing error 6.15/01

Please have a look at https://root.cern/building-root for instructions on how to build ROOT with CMake. I think that you are not using CMake/make correctly.

Just one more question: where is my $HOME/.bashrc file located? I can’t seem to find it…

And should I just add the line source path/bin/thisroot.shat the end of the file?

I got it now, thank you so much.
And can I ask you that I didn’t put ‘-Dpython3=ON’ when I cmake. How can I config it after I already install?

You have to rebuild and install again. It’s not possible to change configuration after installation. Also, please use -Dpython=ON -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=$(which python3) or the full path to the Python interpreter you want to use. The python3 option does not exist anymore. It was removed because sometimes the versions of the Python interpreter and library would not match. The best way is to use PYTHON_EXECUTABLE to choose a specific version of Python to build against.

After I use -Dpython=ON -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=$(which python3), I can import ROOT on python3 but on python2 I got this message

*** Break *** segmentation violation
[/usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib] _sigtramp (no debug info)
[<unknown binary>] (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/compile/lib/libPyROOT.so] _GLOBAL__sub_I_TMemoryRegulator.cxx /usr/local/root/bindings/pyroot/src/TMemoryRegulator.cxx:30
[/usr/lib/dyld] ImageLoaderMachO::doModInitFunctions(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const*, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] dyld::runInitializers(ImageLoader*) (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/dyld] dlopen_internal (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib] dlopen (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] _PyImport_GetDynLoadFunc (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] _PyImport_LoadDynamicModule (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] import_submodule (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] load_next (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyImport_ImportModuleLevel (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] builtin___import__ (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyObject_Call (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalFrameEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalCodeEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalCode (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyImport_ExecCodeModuleEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] load_source_module (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] import_submodule (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] load_next (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyImport_ImportModuleLevel (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] builtin___import__ (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyObject_Call (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalFrameEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalCodeEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyEval_EvalCode (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyImport_ExecCodeModuleEx (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] load_source_module (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] run_mod (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyRun_InteractiveOneFlags (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyRun_InteractiveLoopFlags (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] PyRun_AnyFileExFlags (no debug info)
[/usr/local/Cellar/python@2/2.7.15_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python] Py_Main (no debug info)
[/usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib] start (no debug info)

Is Root can only plug with one python version?

Yes, ROOT has to be used with the same Python it has been compiled for. The APIs for Python 2.x and 3.x are different.

Thank you so much, your answer very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.