Installation problem within winXPSP2 + VC++6

Thank you for the help, I’ll wait for the new package.
Cheers

Hello averyone,
I’m trying to use CINT as interpreter in my other application in Visual Studio 6. First of all, I tried to run demo/Win32App/TestApp. Nothing happens and G__init_cint(“cint script.cxx”); returns -1. Then I downloaded CINT source from CVS, but it cannot compile. I guess that is because i run ./configure --arch msvc7 because there is no option for msvc6. Is it possible to build cint library for visual studio 6? Is yes, what I need to do?
Thank you.

Hi,

MSVC6 is a very buggy compiler. While we didn’t intentionally break CINT to not work with MSVC6, we are not using it anymore, so we don’t really notice when CINT doesn’t work with it. Could you send us the error messages you see when building CINT with MSVC6?

On the binary distribution: I am still awaiting a fix for an unrelated problem; once that is available I can update it. TestApp should then work. Sorry about the wait.

Cheers, Axel.

Yes.
When I run ./configure --arch=msvc6 this is the result:
Error: Invalid architecture. Choose one of linux linuxicc macgcc djgpp cygwin mingw mwerks hpux aix msvc7 msvc8 solarissolarisgcc
As I sad, in configure file there is no msvc6 in the list of architectures. If this new version of CINT does not work with msvc6, is it possible to find somewhere an older version of CINT that works with msvc6?
Thanks again

Hi,

what happens if you specify --arch=msvc7?

You can find older versions in CVS; see root.cern.ch/viewcvs/RELNOTE.txt … ev=v5-16-4

Cheers, Axel.

If I run ./configure --arch=msvc7 and make after that, it crashes with this error message:
bc_parse.cxx(2056) : error c2039: ‘strlen’ : is not a member of std
That line od code looks like this:

I deleted std:: , then run make clean and make again. Error again in another file this time:
vc7strm.cxx(2727) : error c2667: ‘>>’ : none of 2 overload have a best conversion
vc7strm.cxx(2727) : error c2668: ‘>>’ : ambiguous call to overloaded function

That line of code look like this:

Commenting it does not help because that file contains large number of that king of lines.
I think that is a compiler thing. We will think about our project, should we use older version of CINT or translate whole project to VisualStudio 2005. But first off all, I will install VS 2005 and try to run demo application of CINT.