How to install ROOT on centos-9? Some errors on different methods

Hi,
Is there anyway to install ROOT on centos-9?

I download the binary file, root_v6.28.06.Linux…
There are some errors when I opened,
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
** LC_ALL=C ccache -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e ‘/^.include/,${’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’**
Results was:
With exit code 0

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I also tried to compile by myself. However, there are some errors…
Performing C++ SOURCE FILE Test AVX2_COMPILATION failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

** /home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:2:76: note: called from here**
** 2 | int main () {__m256i xmm = _mm256_set1_epi64x(0); xmm = _mm256_add_epi64(xmm,xmm);};**
** | ^**
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/include/immintrin.h:43,
** from /home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:1:**
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/include/avxintrin.h:1349:1: error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘__m256i _mm256_set1_epi64x(long long int)’: target specific option mismatch
** 1349 | _mm256_set1_epi64x (long long __A)**
** | ^
~~~~~~~~~**
/home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:2:48: note: called from here
** 2 | int main () {__m256i xmm = _mm256_set1_epi64x(0); xmm = _mm256_add_epi64(xmm,xmm);};**
** | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^**
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_d0d85.dir/build.make:78: CMakeFiles/cmTC_d0d85.dir/src.cxx.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’
gmake: *** [Makefile:127: cmTC_d0d85/fast] Error 2

/home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:2:76: note: called from here
** | ^**
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/include/immintrin.h:43,
** from /home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:1:**
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/include/avxintrin.h:1349:1: error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘__m256i _mm256_set1_epi64x(long long int)’: target specific option mismatch
** 1349 | _mm256_set1_epi64x (long long __A)**
** | ^
~~~~~~~~~**
/home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:2:48: note: called from here
** | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^**
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_d066d.dir/build.make:78: CMakeFiles/cmTC_d066d.dir/src.cxx.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/beizhenhu/WORK/buildRoot/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’
gmake: *** [Makefile:127: cmTC_d066d/fast] Error 2

Please help me…

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

Please fill also the fields below. Note that root -b -q will tell you this info, and starting from 6.28/06 upwards, you can call .forum bug from the ROOT prompt to pre-populate a topic.

_ROOT Version: ROOT 6.28/06
_Platform:
_Compiler: CentOS9

concerning the SSL error, did you install the dependencies? Dependencies - ROOT

What does “locate libssl.so” print out in your system?

(A dirty workaround / hack might be to create a symbolic link between libssl.so.1.1 and 1.3 even if they are not the same)

Hi [ferhue](/u/ferhu,
Thanks for your suggestions. After I installed the dependencies, cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX works!!!

But, during installation. I failed!
The attached file shows the screen.
There is nothing inside the .log files:
AFTERIMAGE-install-.log
TBB-download-
.log

Best,
Bei-Zhen

maybe:

sudo yum install patch

Hi ferhue,
It’s stop at XROOTD issue.
I had install liquid-devel. However, it still comes errors…

The 2nd picture is strange… I’m don’t know what does it means "No git repository info found. "
and the undefined…

Best,
Bei-Zhen

Try disabling xrootd when calling cmake.
See how here Build Problem with XROOTD on ROOT v6-22-00 - #7 by amadio

You can also try with -Dminimal=ON

Hi ferhue,
Thanks for the suggestion. This method works.
But…After build and installing completely, I source thisroot.sh and running “root”.
It’s still error…

:frowning:

Take a look at the date, it says built on Aug 28 2023.

Did you call make install after a succesfull build?

It seems that thisroot.sh is still detecting the one you downloaded from centos8 in the beginning?. Make sure to remove it. Try also calling ./buildRoot2/bin/root

and verify that the date on the splash screen matches today.

Hi ferhue,

I just rm the old one and also the env setting.
I did the make installation after build.

I called ./buildRoot2/bin/root or roots, still not working.

and source thisroot.sh under installroot/bin/, the situation shown:

And also,
“thisroot.sh” and “thisroot.csh” are not under execution authority
are these normal?

no execution authority is fine. you have to call “source” on it, not execute it

That’s the problem, you should NOT say “yes” on install command root
“Install package root to provide command root”

Remove it please. And do not install it.

Later, try directly executing the ./bin/root command

Hi,
My colleague helpt me to install openssl 1.1.1 and gnu -free
I created a new buildFolder and run with
cmake --build . --target install

And executing the ./bin/root command. Finally, it works!!! :smiley:

However, the old one still can’t run with ./bin/root command
It was build with:

1. cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/beizhenhu/WORK/installRoot/ /home/beizhenhu/WORK/root_src/ -Dxrootd=OFF -Dbuiltin_xrootd=OFF -Dminimal=ON
  2. cmake --build . --target install

The process was fine (at least no error). But, can’t executing the ./bin/root command and looks like missing some package? shown in following picture

– Following is successful executing the ./bin/root command —
I show these two pictures for comparison

Thank you for the help.

Best,

By the way, the previous building with

• cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/beizhenhu/WORK/installRoot/ /home/beizhenhu/WORK/root_src/ -Dxrootd=OFF -Dbuiltin_xrootd=OFF -Dminimal=ON
  • cmake --build . --target install

there is no executed “root” can be use.

the final successful shows:

Try instead root.exe

Thanks! It works now! :smiley:

Great. Please click on “mark as solved”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.