HelloCanvas on Qt app using ROOT with VC2010&Qt 4.8.1

Over two months since the post… time goes fast. Sorry for the lack of attention; it’s not that the matter would have gone away.

Now looking at this, I’m again confused. First of all, what is the relation between qtroot in ROOT’s trunk that I’ve used and the separate project qtRoot project in Sourceforge? I’m not sure which one you’ve used, but suspect the latter. The build differences seem huge: I’m my hacks things started working(at least to some extent) simply by configuring the cmake-list and building ROOT(5.32), but the Sourceforge qtRoot instructs to build Qt without exceptions and the BNL website the README refers to is outdated - easy to prefer the first method which requires no external tools like cygwin. Also the screenshots you provided seems to refer to ROOT version 5.26 in the command line.

All in all it’s hard to tell what your report actual tells, although building without problems sounds good. I don’t remember testing the qtExamples and that sounds like something to dig in to at some point. Any further insights on the issue are welcome.