Error in cling while installing root from pre-build binary

Hello ROOT Community,

I am encountering an issue with my ROOT 6.28/06 installation on Ubuntu 22.04. When I attempt to use a program associated with ROOT, I receive the following error message:
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C ccache -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e ‘/^.include/,${’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’
Results was:
With exit code 0

I have downloaded the pre-compile binary from the CERN ROOT website

ROOT Version:_ 6.28/06
Platform: UBUNTU 22.04 LTS
Compiler: C++

Dear @Bharat_Kharpuse ,

There are a few related issues, you can search the forum yourself, but this one might give a first step towards a solution ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! dell machine .

Let me know if it helps,
Cheers,
Vincenzo

Dear Vincenzo

Firstly thanks, for your attention to my error. As you suggest there are a few more similar queries in the root forum but none of them is helpful. I have followed that discussion there is one discussion that has solved the problem in the Mac OS but I have tried in Linux to do the same in the context of Linux OS but I have not been able to successfully imply it.

Thanks for your report. We need to fix this; I will try to get that done for the upcoming v6.30.

Until then, does this help?

sudo apt install ccache

?

Dear Axel,

I greatly appreciate your attention to my msg. I attempted the suggestion you provided, but unfortunately, it did not yield the desired outcome.

Can you share (again, the current) the output of

ccache --version
g++ --version
root

?

Yes, Sure. Here is the output of the given command.

bharat@bharat-VirtualBox:~$ ccache --version

ccache version 4.5.1

bharat@bharat-VirtualBox:~$ g++ --version

g++ (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0

bharat@bharat-VirtualBox:~$ root

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!

Invoking:

LC_ALL=C ccache -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e ‘/^.include/,${’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’

Results was:

With exit code 0

root [0]

Thanks

Thanks, super helpful! I’ll try to reproduce this tomorrow, please ping me should you not hear back from me!

1 Like

Yes, Sure.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Bharat

Dear @Axel, this is just a follow-up to your last reply.

Thanks,

Bharat

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.