ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!_

I just installed ROOT on my computer with Ubuntu 22.04 and it showed me that the warning what i said in the topic.
The output is like this

Invoking:
  LC_ALL=C ccache   -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e '/^.include/,${' -e '/^ \/.*++/p' -e '}'
Results was:
With exit code 0
   ------------------------------------------------------------------
  | Welcome to ROOT 6.28/06                        https://root.cern |
  | (c) 1995-2023, The ROOT Team; conception: R. Brun, F. Rademakers |
  | Built for linuxx8664gcc on Aug 28 2023, 11:29:15                 |
  | From tags/v6-28-06@v6-28-06                                      |
  | With c++ (GCC) 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-20)                 |
  | Try '.help'/'.?', '.demo', '.license', '.credits', '.quit'/'.q'  |
   ------------------------------------------------------------------

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and i have noticed errors caused by this yet, that the TF is not available.
how can i repair it,thanks

ROOT Version:6.28/06
Platform: Ubuntu22.04
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi @clouter,

welcome to the root forum. Maybe you could see if the solution given in this post ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! helps?

Cheers,
Marta

Thanks.
much appreciation for your advice, but i had read it before. i tried to move my folders place but it still doesn’t work. Maybe they’re not really the same problems, for that one fits for mac with Xcode and exit code is 256.

Hi @clouter,

my bad for pointing you to the macOS solutions. There was one more instance of a similar issue occuring on ubuntu: ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! dell machine (there is no feedback if the solution there worked though) but let me ping @Axel so he could give you a hand in case the issue persists.

Cheers,
Marta

Let’s see - where did you get ROOT from, is that some package you downloaded?

Can you run sudo apt install ccache libssl3 and if so, does that help?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.