#error <atomic> is not implemented

Hi,

I’ve seen a thread with a similar error to this ([ROOT 6 atomic error Any time I try to compile code against ROOT 6.03.04, I get errors from the include RTypes.h at line 37 (#include ) like:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/atomic:539:2: fatal error: is not implemented
#error is not implemented

I’m running this on OSX 10.10.3, with XCode 6.3.

I’m not sure where to start in resolving this, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

we can start with a simple reproducer.
Could you show the problem in a simple source file to compile and link against ROOT6?

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi all,

I’m having the same problem. Just updated to the v6-02-00-patches branch and compiled this new ROOT version successfully with RooFit enabled, but then when I try to install RooUnfold against it, the installation crashes with this error message. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

The code in atomic reads#if !__has_feature(cxx_atomic) #error <atomic> is not implemented #else … which would trigger the problem if the code is compiled without enabling C++11

Most likely the issue is with the Unfold makefile which is forgetting to enable C++11 … which is quite likely since the tar file (at least from where you are pointing at) have not been updated for several years.

Cheers,
Philippe.