Dictionary for class AttributeListLayout?

Hello,

I am trying to get rid of the following warning:
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class AttributeListLayout is available

How can I define the creation of that dictionary in my Linkdef file to avoid that warning message ?

Thanks and best regards,
Sergio

#pragma link C++ class AttributeListLayout+;

Hi Pepe,

thanks for the suggestion, but it seems the class is unknown:

Error: link requested for unknown class AttributeListLayout inc/LinkDef.h:17:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation

In fact I tried to look for that class in the ROOT doc but could not find it, so I am not sure how to include the corresponding header file in the Linkdef file ?

Sergio

I don’t know from where you get the “AttributeListLayout” class, but you need to add something like a “AttributeListLayout.h” to the list of header files which are parsed, i.e. to the command line which runs rootcint.

me neither ???

[pb-d-128-141-141-234.cern.ch]: ~% root test.C 
root [0] 
Processing test.C...
Error: cannot open file "AttributeListLayout.h"  test.C:2:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
root [1] 

Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks and cheers, Sergio
test.C (47 Bytes)

I mean, I am just using classes inheriting from TObject, and none is called AttributeListLayout…

I’ve seen this warning all the time when working with TTree or TChain, so I was expecting some relation with CINT, but clearly it’s not a ROOT class…

If your root file contains “unknown” classes, generate appropriate dictionary using:
MyFile->MakeProject(“libMyFile”, “*”, “recreate++”);
See also: http://root.cern.ch/root/html/TFile.html#TFile:MakeProject
If this fails, you need to talk to those who created your root files.

FYI AttributeListLayout is class provided by POOL (and often seen in ATLAS files).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hello,
I am also facing the same problem, not for class AttributeListLayout, but for some arbitrary class ABC. I receive the following warning when opening a root file:

Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class ABC is available.

Questions:

1. What is “libMyFile” in
    MyFile->MakeProject(“libMyFile”, “*”, “recreate++”); ?

2. What is a Linkdef file and how can I access it?

3. What is my general line of action assuming I have the header file defining the class ABC?

Thanks,
Viesturs