Crash error while running on MAC

Hi.

I’m running the example file tree2a.C on a Mac. There is the crash:

warning: no such sysroot directory: '-I/Applications/root_v6.08.02/etc’
In file included from input_line_1:1:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/new:89:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/exception:82:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/cstdlib:86:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/stdlib.h:94:
/Applications/root_v6.08.02/etc/cling/lib/clang/3.9.0/include/stdlib.h:8:15: fatal error:
‘stdlib.h’ file not found
#include_next <stdlib.h>
^
Warning in cling::IncrementalParser::CheckABICompatibility():
C++ ABI mismatch, compiled with _LIBCPP_VERSION v3700 running with v4000
In file included from input_line_3:2:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/string:470:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/string_view:171:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/__string:56:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/algorithm:636:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/initializer_list:47:

a lot of add messages, ending by:

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]

*** Break *** segmentation violation
[]
[]
[]

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

Luz

Hi Luz,

the line

C++ ABI mismatch, compiled with _LIBCPP_VERSION v3700 running with v4000

is telling you that the compiler+libraries on your system are too recent with respect to the binaries of ROOT. Did you by chance update xcode/osx version without recompiling?

Cheers,
D

Thanks.

I’ve done xcode-select --install but the problem persists. Any idea what is missing?

Thanks.

Hi,

what I was trying to say is that your compiler and headers are more recent than the root binaries. Could you recompile ROOT?

Cheers,
D

Hi Danilo.
Thanks a lot. I’m fresh working with ROOT on MAC. Could just give the indications to recompile ROOT on MAC His Sierra?
Thank you very much.

Just to clarify:
I’ve installed ROOT on my mac using the *.dmg file. Therefore, the process was very easy going and the compilation was automatically. It’ was before updating to high sierra.
Thanks again.

Hi,

Did you try 6.12/04 release? https://root.cern.ch/content/release-61204

D

I just updated to the newest root version, but now another problem shows up:
Error in TMacOSXSystem::FindDynamicLibrary: X3d[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib::.:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:
Warning in TPad::TPad::CreateViewer3D: Cannot create 3D viewer of type: x3d
root [1]

I made sure to have the latest versions of Xcode and Xquartz. Any idea what this problem is?
Thank you

Hi,

can you check that you actually have the X3d library somewhere on your system? This would allow us to clarify if this is a simple misconfiguration issue.

D

Hi.
Could you please point me out how to find it? I cannot find it so far, but I’m not sure whether I am doing things fine or not.
Thanks

Hi again.
Could somebody give some hints to solve the problem:
Error in TMacOSXSystem::FindDynamicLibrary: X3d[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib::.:/Applications/root_v6.12.04/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:
Warning in TPad::TPad::CreateViewer3D: Cannot create 3D viewer of type: x3d
Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.