Compile root with Qt but without dependence on libQtWebKit

Hi,
I’m linking (compilation goes ok) a Qt application using root objects.
Qt is 4.8.2, root 5.30, gcc 4.1.2 (a bit old, but I’m not sure if I can change it, it is a special machine).
I compile Qt from source. The libQtWebKit.so is not created, probably gcc is too old. The rest is ok.
I compile root with --enable-qt. No problem.
The problem is that when I link the application afterwards, I find that a root library: libGQt.so depends on libQtWebKit.
My question: is there any way to compile root in a way that it does not depend on libQtWebKit?

Thanks in advance,   Mariusz

You may install QtRoot as plugin to any ROOT existent version and customize it. it should be 5-10 min exercise
The WebKit is needed to provide “ROOT help button functionality” to pop up the ROOT Web site page as soon as the user want to know some class documentation from the ROOT Web site.
I am not aware about any any dedicated ROOT configure parameter to disable this feature.

However, you can install and customize the code of the QtRoot plugin to turn it off.
You want to do that

1. Follow root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/How2Install4 … complement “3. Complement the existent ROOT installation with QtRoot plugin”
  2. As soon as you succeed let me know to provide the further assistance.

[quote=“sapinski”]I’m linking (compilation goes ok) a Qt application using root objects.
Qt is 4.8.2, root 5.30, gcc 4.1.2 (a bit old, but I’m not sure if I can change it, it is a special machine).
I compile Qt from source[/quote]In addition, I would like to call your attention to the fact that the script the Web page above mentioned qtroot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewv … ision=3522 also) is to compile ROOT, Qt and QtRoot from the source consistently and it is the preferable way to get the QtRoot env. It allows you to upgrade the QtROOT and Qt versions without touching the vanilla ROOT version