Compilation problem with: OS Sierra, Xcode 8, ROOT 6.06.08

[quote=“mato”]Hi Luca,
I have upgraded by mac to Sierra to try to see if I have a similar problem, which is not the case. ‘cocoa’ is default for Mac, so you do not need to set it. I understand that you cleared the complete area of /opt/local. It must me a difference between your system and mine. So, lets debug it.
[/quote]
Thanks! By the way, I just tried to recompile usin X11 instead of Cocoa. The splash screen now triggers XQartz, but still no TCanvas and no TBrowser are displayed.

That’s what I did in my last attempt:

rm -rf *
cmake …/root-6.06.08 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/root -Droofit=ON -Dtmva=ON -Dcocoa=OFF -Dmacos_native=ON -Dminuit2=ON -Dbuiltin_zlib=ON -Dbuiltin_lzma=ON -Dx11=ON
cmake --build . – -j4
sudo cmake --build . --target install

It’s in attachment.

[quote=“mato”]

• Do you have a .rootrc in $HOME or in the CWD?[/quote]
    No

[quote=“mato”]

• Have to changed anything in SIP (System Integrity Protection)?[/quote]
    …hmm… If I remember correctly, I disable some protection in order to allow one application to run on my Mac long ago, but I don’t remember what I did at that time.

Thanks,

Luca
    CMakeCache.txt (93.8 KB)

[quote=“llista”]

[quote=“mato”]

• Have to changed anything in SIP (System Integrity Protection)?[/quote]
    …hmm… If I remember correctly, I disable some protection in order to allow one application to run on my Mac long ago, but I don’t remember what I did at that time.[/quote]

If I remember correctly I disable temporarily SIP using “csrutil disable” in recovery mode, then I enabled it again with “csrutil enable”. I get now:

csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled.

Cheers,

Luca

Hi Luca, What I see as different between ours systems is that I have SIP disabled and and I do not have the /usr/X11R6 (from where you get some of the packages) although I have installed XQuartz version 2.7.10_beta2. Mine /usr/X11 points to /opt/X11. I your /usr/X11R6 points to /opt/X11? If not, can you remove/move it and try again? From my side I will enable SIP and see if there is a difference.
Pere

Hi Pere,

[quote=“mato”]Hi Luca, What I see as different between ours systems is that I have SIP disabled and and I do not have the /usr/X11R6 (from where you get some of the packages) although I have installed XQuartz version 2.7.10_beta2. Mine /usr/X11 points to /opt/X11. I your /usr/X11R6 points to /opt/X11? If not, can you remove/move it and try again? From my side I will enable SIP and see if there is a difference.
Pere[/quote]

Yes, my /usr/X11R6 to /opt/X11:

ls -la /usr/X11R6
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 8 4 Nov 14:11 /usr/X11R6 -> /opt/X11

I can try what happens by disabling SIP.

Cheers,
Luca

Same problem by disabling SIP, unfortunately :frowning:

Luca

Hi,

I just scratched the X11 installation (I disabled SIP first), then reinstalled XQartz from scratch, and root seems to work. I really don’t know what went wrong (I already updated XQartz before), but now everything seems to work.

Thanks for your help!

Luca

I just discovered another problem:

If I try to draw a TLegend object, I get the following error:

Error in TClass::LoadClassInfo: no interpreter information for class TGX11 is available even though it has a TClass initialization routine.

If I generate a pdf picture (canvas.SaveAs(“pict.pdf”)) the legend displays fine.

Cheers,

Luca