Cmake compilation "error: header 'RConfigure.h'"

Dear all,

I am trying to build root 6.22.00 from source. And I am getting the following error, for which I could not find any solution :

[ 47%] Generating G__Core.cxx, …/lib/Core.pcm
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/module.modulemap:20:42: error: header ‘RConfigure.h’ not found
module “RConfigure.h” { textual header “RConfigure.h” export * }
^
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/RtypesCore.h:25:10: note: submodule of top-level module ‘ROOT_Config’ implicitly imported here
#include “DllImport.h”
^
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/RtypesCore.h:117:1: error: unknown type name ‘R__EXTERN’
R__EXTERN Int_t gDebug;
^
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/RtypesCore.h:117:16: error: expected ‘;’ after top level declarator
R__EXTERN Int_t gDebug;
^
;
In file included from input_line_5:1:
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/Rtypes.h:23:10: fatal error: could not build module ‘ROOT_Rtypes’
#include “RtypesCore.h”

While building module 'Core':
While building module 'ROOT_Foundation_C' imported from /home/jordan/root_py2/include/Rtypes.h:26:
In file included from <module-includes>:1:
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/ThreadLocalStorage.h:61:10: fatal error: could not build module 'ROOT_Rtypes'
#include "RtypesCore.h"
~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While building module 'Core':
While building module 'ROOT_Foundation_Stage1_NoRTTI' imported from /home/jordan/root_py2/include/Rtypes.h:193:
In file included from <module-includes>:5:
/home/jordan/root_py2/include/TIsAProxy.h:16:10: fatal error: could not build module 'ROOT_Rtypes'
#include "RtypesCore.h"
~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error: Error loading the default header files.
make[2]: *** [core/CMakeFiles/G__Core.dir/build.make:454: core/G__Core.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:17361: core/CMakeFiles/G__Core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

I am using ubuntu 20.04 with a virtual python2.7 environement, and compile it with cmake 3.16.3-1ubuntu1 .

Many thanks for your help,
Best,
Jordan

Hi @jordanbe,
and welcome to the ROOT forum!

This was bug https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-10776, also reported here and here on the forum.

The fix has been backported to the v6-22-00-patches branch, can you please try building again with the patches branch rather than the v6-22-00 tag (git checkout v6-22-00-patches)?

Cheers,
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.