Cannot open shared object file libssl.so.1.1

When I running root it runs normally. I mean that there appears string root [0]. But upper of this string there are message:

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should be done to solve this problem ?

This problem usually happens when you try to use a ROOT binary distribution that is unsuitable for your operating system.

What problems it can lead to ?

Expect any problems you can imagine. Usually, it renders ROOT unusable.

I am using 6.26/04 version of ROOT. My Ubuntu version is 22.04. What should I do to solve the problem ?

The ROOT Team provides ready-to-use binary distributions for some systems (see “Download a pre-compiled binary distribution” therein), including various Ubuntu versions, which you just need to download and unpack.

For Ubuntu 22.04 / x86_64 / gcc 11.2: https://root.cern/download/?C=M;O=A;P=*[uU][bB][uU][nN][tT][uU]*22*

And there is no necessity to reinstal something ?

for the required packages see
Dependencies - ROOT

@smgrig These dependencies are valid when you want to build ROOT from the source.

Unfortunately, there exist no lists of system packages (compilers and libraries) that are needed for the “.tar.gz” binary distributions provided by the ROOT Team . See:

I just want to understand should I reinstall full program since zero, or I can just delete all files from
root-src folder and just unpack there files from root_v6.26.04.Linux-ubuntu22-x86_64-gcc11.2.tar.gz without any reinstallations ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.