Bronch not finding class

Philippe, I guess you are using a 64-bit version x86_64, while (s)he uses a 32-bit version i686.
That really makes a difference -> on some computer architectures, including the popular x86-32, it is actually possible to link non-PIC objects into a shared library, for the cost of some overhead in program’s loading time and its RAM usage, as more “relocations” have to be done (this might not work on amd64 / x86-64, where you may get fairly cryptic errors about invalid and/or “does not fit” relocations and/or missing symbols).

Note also that, in all previous posts in this thread, you can find “-fPIC” in all relevant places (while the TClass problem persisted).

mgv4ce, please remove two lines from your makefile (both variables will properly be defined by the included “$(ROOTSYS)/etc/Makefile.arch” and then also the missing “-fPIC” will automatically be there):
CXX = g++
CXXFLAGS := $(ROOTCFLAGS)

Fair enough …

So I tried a fresh install of CentOS 6.7 32bits … and the example works as-is without any problems …

Cheers,
Philippe.

So I tried the program on a different computer (version 5.34.21 64-bit install) and it works fine. I also tried on a brand new computer with a brand new ROOT install (v6) and again it works fine. I also tried on this original 32-bit node with those two lines removed, as suggested. And the problem persists. But please do not spend any more time on this. Now that I know what the problem is I can avoid it–I can develop on a different machine. I have enough clues to track the problem down out of curiosity, and will post if I can resolve it.

Many thanks again for all the help!
-Mike