Adding tree branches problem

Hi ROOT Family,

It is me again. I saved my data to a tree with two branches x1 and x2. And I copied my x2 branch to an array c[ ] (with the amount of 48777 data). I used the “unique” function to delete the duplicate data, and I only needed the non-duplicate data, so I saved all my non-duplicate data to another array d[ ] (with the amount of 20000 data). Then, I would like to copy the data from d[ ] to x2_new which is a new branch. Now, the x2_new branch only has the non-duplicate data, and the amount is 20000. I would like to keep the x1 the corresponding data only, i.e. the data which corresponds to the 20000 non-duplicate x2 data. So, I defined a new branch x11, and filled the tree. But, my result was wrong. None of my x2_new nor x11 branch saved the data I needed. I saw there were 48777 data in both of them, but not 20000 as desired. Could anyone help with my problems? I must made a mistake by defining these two new branches, but I could not figure it out. Thanks so much for any helps.

double x11;
    TBranch* branch_x1 = tree->Branch("x11", &x11, "x11/D");
double x2_new;
    TBranch* branch_x2 = tree->Branch("x2_new", &x2_new, "x2_new/D");    

for (int i5 = 0; i5 < n; i5++) {
        tree->GetEntry(i5);
        x2_new = d[i5];
        branch_x2->Fill();
        branch_x1->Fill(); // Fill "x1" with corresponding values
    }

daya_1.C (2.5 KB)
cross_dmp.txt (2.3 MB)

Hi Rene, could you please tell a little bit more about the compression algorithm or just give a short example? I only want to keep the tree with the non-duplicate data, but I do not know how to delete the original x1 and x2 branches, so I added two new branches x11 and x2_new to my tree, and this step may cause trouble. Thanks so much for your time!

Hi Rene, could you please tell a little bit more about the compression algorithm or just give a short example? I only want to keep the tree with the non-duplicate data, but I do not know how to delete the original x1 and x2 branches, so I added two new branches x11 and x2_new to my tree, and this step may cause trouble. Thanks so much for your time!

A quick note that the variable x11 seems to never be assigned any values.

Yes. But I don’t know why x11 did not get any data

In the code snippet I saw, x11 is never assigned a value nor attached to a branch being read. One of the two would be necessary for it to have any kind of information loaded into it.

Yes, thank you. I will check it. I did not assign anything to he x11 branch.

Yes, thank you. I will check it. I did not assign anything to he x11 branch. Thanks so much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.