TCutG without leaf information "temporarily"

Hi rooters,
I have a problem with TCutG objects, but the problem is quite strange.

I created a function that allows me to save TCut and TCutG objects into a TList and then save the TList into a TFile. In this way, I can then load this TFile and use in a different session all the selections that I created previously.
To display plots using such selections, I have a very simple function that looks into the TList for the TCut and TCutG objects I want to use and then uses their Title/Name respectively for TCut and TCutG object in the Draw method.

I am using these functions together with a colleague on mine because we are working on the same data.

And now there is the strange thing with the TCutG.
Until I create the TCut and TCutg objects by myself working in my home directory, I have no problem then in loading the TFile with the TList and using the selections in the draw method.
As soon as I load the TFile with the TList containing TCuts and TCutGs created by my colleague while he was working in his home directory, I have to load such TFile twice in order to be able to draw my plots.
If I load the file only once, I get the following error:

Error in <TTreeFormula::DefinedVariable>: Found a TCutG without leaf information (PP_cutg_Module0_Ph)

and this happens for all the TCutG.

Probably there is something I do not know in the TCutG saving process…
…can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!

ROOT Version: 6.10/08
Platform: Linux Fedora 4.13.16-100.fc25.x86_64
Compiler: gcc version 6.4.1

It looks like an IO question. I guess @pcanal can help you.

Can you provide the 2 files as well as the step you go through that leads to the error message?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.