TCanvas:SaveAs strangeness

This has been reported back in 2003, now labeled as solved, but I get exactly the same bahavior as in:

[url]TCanvas:SaveAs strangeness
the example from above fails exactly as described.

some info:

Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/*-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS”

$ root-config --version --arch --platform --features
5.34/02 linuxx8664gcc linuxasimage astiff builtin_afterimage builtin_pcre builtin_lzma cintex explicitlink fftw3 gviz genvector memstat minuit2 python reflex shadowpw shared ssl tmva x11 xft thread

libpng12-dev version: 1.2.46-3ubuntu4

thanks for any help.

No !!
It was all very recent in 2012 !! you are mixing my (couet) date of registration in the forum and the actual date of the post. I repeat what I said; You are using 5.34 and it is fixed in the ROOT trunk.

Hi, sorry for the mess with the dates …

but my problem is still unsolved. I checked out the trunk version of ROOT. In order to get pyROOT apparently I have to switch on cling. to do so I had to install clang:

$clang -v
Ubuntu clang version 3.0-6ubuntu3 (tags/RELEASE_30/final) (based on LLVM 3.0)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

Then I do:
./configure --enable-cling --with-llvm-config=/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/bin/
make

and it crashes:
In file included from /opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:375:0:
include/TMetaUtils.h: In function ‘const T* ROOT::TMetaUtils::GetAnnotatedRedeclarable(const T*) [with T = clang::TypedefNameDecl]’:
include/TMetaUtils.h:138:21: error: ‘const class clang::TypedefNameDecl’ has no member named ‘getMostRecentDecl’
include/TMetaUtils.h:140:24: error: ‘const class clang::TypedefNameDecl’ has no member named ‘getPreviousDecl’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx: In function ‘void WritePointersSTL(const RScanner::AnnotatedRecordDecl&, const cling::Interpreter&, const ROOT::TMetaUtils::TNormalizedCtxt&)’:
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:4371:60: error: ‘const class clang::CXXBaseSpecifier’ has no member named ‘getLocEnd’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:4371:112: error: ‘const class clang::CXXBaseSpecifier’ has no member named ‘getLocStart’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:4372:78: error: ‘const class clang::CXXBaseSpecifier’ has no member named ‘getLocStart’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx: In function ‘int GenerateModule(const char*, const std::vector<std::basic_string >&)’:
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5338:48: error: ‘class clang::HeaderSearch’ has no member named ‘setModuleCachePath’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5354:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::BitstreamWriter::BitstreamWriter(llvm::SmallVector<char, 128u>&)’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5354:39: note: candidates are:
/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/include/llvm/Bitcode/BitstreamWriter.h:63:12: note: llvm::BitstreamWriter::BitstreamWriter(std::vector&)
/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/include/llvm/Bitcode/BitstreamWriter.h:63:12: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘llvm::SmallVector<char, 128u>’ to ‘std::vector&’
/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/include/llvm/Bitcode/BitstreamWriter.h:24:7: note: llvm::BitstreamWriter::BitstreamWriter(const llvm::BitstreamWriter&)
/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/include/llvm/Bitcode/BitstreamWriter.h:24:7: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘llvm::SmallVector<char, 128u>’ to ‘const llvm::BitstreamWriter&’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5360:63: error: no matching function for call to ‘clang::CompilerInstance::createOutputFile(std::string&, bool, bool, const char [1], const char [1], bool, bool)’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5360:63: note: candidates are:
/usr/include/clang/Frontend/CompilerInstance.h:567:3: note: llvm::raw_fd_ostream* clang::CompilerInstance::createOutputFile(llvm::StringRef, bool, bool, llvm::StringRef, llvm::StringRef, bool)
/usr/include/clang/Frontend/CompilerInstance.h:567:3: note: candidate expects 6 arguments, 7 provided
/usr/include/clang/Frontend/CompilerInstance.h:597:3: note: static llvm::raw_fd_ostream* clang::CompilerInstance::createOutputFile(llvm::StringRef, std::string&, bool, bool, llvm::StringRef, llvm::StringRef, bool, std::string*, std::string*)
/usr/include/clang/Frontend/CompilerInstance.h:597:3: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘bool’ to ‘std::string& {aka std::basic_string&}’
/opt/root/core/utils/src/rootcling.cxx:5265:47: warning: ignoring return value of ‘char* getcwd(char*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
make: *** [core/utils/src/rootcling.o] Error 1

thanks for help.

I continue to answer her:

I do not see why we need 2 threads for one question.

I put it here, because the other one is labeled as solved, I’m not sure anyone will look at solved problems.

anyways, should I copy my message there? Is there a way to delete this thread?

A.

Better stick in the other one. It is still active. It is “SOLVED” because the bug is fixed. But the question is now to put the fix back in 5.34. By the way It could be good if you could tyr the trunk.

V.5.34 is now fixed.