RooFit include error

ROOT Version: 6.14.04
_Platform:_windows 10
Compiler: Not Provided

I installed root using the binary provided. I can’t seem to use RooFit, whenever I include the RooFit header files it just says the file can’t be found.

Any idea what went wrong?

Hi,

Roofit is unfortunately not included in the binaries. We will add it, sorry for the trouble

Cheers, Bertrand.

Hi,
Any updates on how soon the RootFit will be included in the binaries?
Is there an alternative way to use rootfit on windows?

Is rootfit available on an earlier version of Root (binary), so that I can shift to that for the time being, and when the rootfit in included again, I will shift back?

I will rebuild the 6.14.04 binaries tomorrow (note that you can also build ROOT from source…)

Hi,
That is nice to hear. When will the binary be available for download ?
My previous experiences with building root on windows have been …discouraging. I will try again though.

Done, you can download the binaries, Roofit is now included.

1 Like

Hi,
There is one debug binary available on the download site.

preview Windows Visual Studio 2017 (dbg)

Is this the one?

There are four different binaries: debug, release, zip and exe. Just pick the one you want

1 Like

Sorry, I did not see your comment earlier.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

When I try to run the fft tutorial, root gives me an error:

Error in <TWinNTSystem::DynamicPathName>: FFTW does not exist in C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\usr\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\gnuplot\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfram Research\WolframScript\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sublime Text 3\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\Users\Debajyoti Sengupta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortran\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Users\Debajyoti Sengupta\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\rootv61404\bin;;.;C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\rootv61404\lib;C:\rootv61404\bin,
or has wrong file extension (.dll)
Error in <TVirtualFFT::FFT>: handler not found
Error in <TWinNTSystem::DynamicPathName>: FFTW does not exist in C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\usr\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\bin;C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\gnuplot\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfram Research\WolframScript\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sublime Text 3\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\Users\Debajyoti Sengupta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortran\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Users\Debajyoti Sengupta\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\rootv61404\bin;;.;C:\rootv61404\bin;C:\rootv61404\lib;C:\rootv61404\bin,

I downloaded the fftw3 zip from the website and unpacked it in the bin folder of root.
The error still doesn’t go.

FFTW is not yet part of ROOT 6 on Windows (it has not been tested yet)

I see. Is FFTW going to be included in ROOT 6 in the near future?

Yes, very soon, I hope

Thank you so much for all the awesome behind the scene work you do!
Cheers,
Debajyoti

1 Like

FYI FFTW works just fine, I’ll try to add it for the next releases

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.