FitPanel plug-in

Hello Rooters,

I’m Zaheer and very new to the Root. Today, I was trying to some examples on root “Example of the graph with setpoints”. When the graph (c1) is plotted, then I opened Tools and the Fit Panel, there was nothing, and I got the following message:

Info in TCanvas::MakeDefCanvas: created default TCanvas with name c1
root [1] Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: FitPanel[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in .::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl
Error in TRootCanvas::FitPanel: Unable to find the FitPanel plug-in
I’m using Root Version 5.34/30. Please guide me, how to install FitPanel in the current version? or I can uninstall the current version then reinstall a new version (which version in this case?). Also, If I need to uninstall the current version, then how to uninstall it?

Thank you very much

Sincere regards
Zaheer

You see nothing in the field “Data Set:” of the fit Panel ?
What you are doing is not completely clear. Can you post what you call “some examples” ?

Thank you very much for your reply. As I mentioned before that I’m very new, I just tried the attached example (Lesson3.C, from a YouTube tutorial).Lesson3.C (311 Bytes)
And get the attached figure.

, But there when I open the Tool option and open the FitPanel, then it gives error like: Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: FitPanel[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in .::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl
Error in TRootCanvas::FitPanel: Unable to find the FitPanel plug-in. Even when I right click on the figure and go to FitPanel then again the same error.

I want to know how to remove this error that I can easily go to FitPanel?

Thank you.

Sincere regards

Zaheer

It works for me with ROOT 6 and the following macro:

{
   // Define Data
   auto g = new TGraph();
   g->SetName("Graph");

double x,y;

for (int i=0; i<10; i++) {
      x = 0.5 * i;
      y = 4*x + 2 + gRandom->Gaus(0,1);
      g->SetPoint(i, x, y);
   }

// Define Fit Function
   auto f = new TF1("f", "[0]*x + [1]", 0, 5);
   g->Fit(f);

g->SetMarkerStyle(22);
   g->Draw("AP");
}

Looks like you are using a Debian / Ubuntu system provided ROOT. If this is the case then you are probably missing the “root-plugin-gui-fitpanel” package (you need to install it).

Thank you, Yes it works on Windows 10. I tried it.
So what’s the solution for it? How to fix (root-plugin-gui-fitpanel) it?

Thank you

Hello again! please let me know how to fix this problem in Ubuntu 16.04?

Thank you

google -> Ubuntu Debian package management

Thank you very much. The problem is solved.

Sincere regards
Zaheer