Compiling Root 6 on Ubuntu 16.04

I’ve tried to follow your hints, but there is always the same error during the compilation. I have also tried to install the ‘libclang-dev’ package, but nothing changes. Thanks for your patience.

[ 11%] Building CXX object interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/InvocationOptions.cpp.o In file included from /tmp/root-master/interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/InvocationOptions.cpp:13:0: /tmp/root-master/interpreter/cling/../llvm/src/tools/clang/include/clang/Driver/Options.h:41:36: fatal error: clang/Driver/Options.inc: No such file or directory compilation terminated. interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/build.make:643: recipe for target 'interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/InvocationOptions.cpp.o' failed make[2]: *** [interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/InvocationOptions.cpp.o] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:8464: recipe for target 'interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/all' failed make[1]: *** [interpreter/cling/lib/Interpreter/CMakeFiles/obj.clingInterpreter.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:149: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

[quote=“Pepe Le Pew”]Try to execute: No graphical output
and then try to build your ROOT from scratch (i.e. first delete everything) again.
BTW. Note that with the “root-master”, you should not need to use -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" any more (which is needed with ROOT 6.06), so try: cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="${ROOT_INSTALL_DIR}" -Dcxx14="ON" -Dall="ON" -Dgeocad="ON" -Dbuiltin_ftgl="OFF" -Dbuiltin_glew="OFF" -Dsoversion="ON" ../root-master[/quote]