Compiler error while building on Windows

ROOT Version: root_v6.14.06
Platform: Windows 10
Compiler: Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.16.27025.1 for x86 (Visual Studio 2017)

(The program builds and runs without Root on Windows, and it builds and runs with Root on Mac OS X High Sierra and Scientific Linux Fermi 7.3.)

I am building G4beamline on Windows using VS2017 32-bit tools. I’m using cmake in a cmd window (see Geant4.10.05 build instructions). The message is:

root_v6.14.06.win32.vc15\include\root\typetraits.hxx(43): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.

Line 43 is:

using arg_types = typename CallableTraitsImpl<decltype(&T::operator())>::arg_types;

I haven’t a clue. Any suggestions?

It just occurred to me: might I need to enable a more recent C++ standard in the build? If so, how?

See this topic

Thanks. Installing the older version of Visual Studio 2017 enabled me to build my program with Root. It runs fine on my build machine.

Unfortunately, there is a fundamental problem with Root on a machine without a C++ compiler or its SDK. See the other thread: Looks like I have to abandon Root on Windows

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.